Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
Senior Business Subject Matter Expert 2 (SME2) - 15 plus years relevant experience.
- Ensure that the scrum team adheres to scrum theory, practices and rules, and work as a servant leader within the project team.
- Execute the backlog as wished by product owner, making sure that deliverables are on time with production quality.
- Develop and maintain project control documents in accordance with enterprise project management methodologies, including: project charters, cost plans, capacity management plans, risk management plans, communications plans, governance plans, schedules, change management plans, knowledge management plans and quality assurance plans.
- Develop detailed project plans using project scheduling tools such as Microsoft Project.
- Lead all project plan development activities, including identification of phases, activities, tasks, deliverables, milestones, dependencies, schedules and assignment of resources
- Motivate project resources to complete assigned duties and tasks.
- Prepare formal reports on the status and health of the IT projects, including periodic status reports, management dashboards and project metrics.
- Monitor project quality, schedule and budget and facilitate actions to mitigate risk and address issues that arise.
- Facilitate the risk and issue management processes for IT projects by maintaining risk and issue logs, identifying risks and issues, communicating issues and risks according to project governance and working with project team members to ensure effective risk and issue management.
- Facilitate deliverable and project artifact approval processes for IT projects by tracking all deliverables and project artifacts that require approvals, communicating the need for approvals to the appropriate groups and individuals and tracking approval decisions and following up where need be to ensure approvals are achieved within established timeframes.
- Manage the project change control process for issues that impact the quality, schedule or budget of the project by: documenting change requests, securing approval for changes and documenting approved changes in accordance to project governance.
- Facilitate periodic and ah-hoc project meetings, including scheduling with appropriate team members, preparing agendas, recording action items and key decisions and preparing, circulating and seeking approval for meeting minutes.
The Senior Business Subject Matter Expert (SME) brings proven experience from related businesses or organizations as well as system integration and technology experience. They consult with the client to define needs or problems, conduct research, perform studies and surveys to obtain data, and analyze problems to advise and make recommendations on business and technical solutions based on hands-on experience solving similar business problems. They are able to utilize knowledge of theory, principles, or technology of specific discipline or field of specialization.
- Guides executive-level stakeholders based on industry standards related to specific discipline or field of specialization.
- Requires specific expertise in related technical fields or area of specialization.
- Conducts detailed audits and analysis to identify obstacles and suggests recommended solutions.
- Requires extensive experience providing consulting services to governmental entities related to specific technologies or field of specialization.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to agency personnel and leadership.
- Consults with executive-level stakeholders to define business need or problem; conducts research, performs studies and surveys to obtain data; and analyzes problems to advise on or recommend solutions, utilizing knowledge of theory, principles, or technology of specific discipline or field of specialization.
- Requires knowledge in computer programming and other related technical fields as well as extensive experience in a particular business or industry subject matter.
- Conducts study or survey on need or problem to obtain data required for solution.
- Analyzes data to determine solution, such as installation of alternate methods and procedures, changes in processing methods and practices, modification of machines or equipment, or redesign of products or services.
- Advises client or department heads on alternate methods of solving need or problem, or recommends specific solution.
- Requires experience providing consulting services to governmental entities.
- May be designated according to field of business and technical specialization.
Required / Desired
5+ years full-time experience as a project manager for large and complex information technology projects
2+ years of senior or lead project management experience including supervision of project management teams
2+ years of experience in utilizing iterative project management methodologies.
2+ years of experience in utilizing agile project management methodologies
Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate others to complete tasks
Experience with Microsoft VSTS
Experience in managing 3rd party relationships with external suppliers
.net development familiarity
Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of an organization, including executive staff