Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Network Store Support
- Lead a team of Network Engineers in technical approach, network tools recommendations, problem solving, workload management and accountable for execution delivery.
- Develop, operate and support the Store Network infrastructure for GAP Brand store technology services.
- Responsible for a 24x7 network environment where uptime, response and repair are critical to ensuring store systems and services are available at all times.
- Ensure that all processes, procedures and escalation points have been implemented and followed.
- Interface with other networking and operations teams, internally and externally to GAP, and be directly engaged with developing short-term project plans to align with long-term goals and priorities of IT Infrastructure and Engineering.
- Proactively monitor all network infrastructure and services.
- Partner with Architects, Engineers and Operations individuals across a variety of service and infrastructure organizations to resolve issues, provide technical feedback, and contribute to overall architecture direction.
- Maintain and provide input on standards and best practice network toolset environments with a focus on Fault Management and Capacity/Performance Monitoring tools, management of network systems at scale.
- Partner with Server and Application owners to ensure their applications have similar degrees of redundancy, resiliency and failover capability on the Store Network infrastructure.
- Identify research, evaluate and recommend best practice network operations based run books, knowledge, and training.
- Participate in a tiered support model for highly impacting network related issues and events, interact with venders/partners on escalations and support.
- Partner with InfoSec to ensure PCI compliance best practices and implemented.
- BS in Computer Science or related Engineering Discipline
- 7+ years of experience in operational hands on experience in highly scalable and availability footprints across various network technologies and distributed systems environment
- Have experience in large Retail, ISP and/or Content Service Provider environments
- Able to handle multiple, complex projects and incidents simultaneously
- Must have implementation and operational experience with; Enterprise/carrier-class routers, switches and firewalls: Juniper, Cisco, Viptela, Juniper SRX, Meraki
- Must have experience in network security features (ACLs, VPN, L2VPN, L3VPN, IPSEC, GRE) with a focus on Cisco, Juniper and Netscreen platforms.
- Experience and operational familiarity on BGP, OSPF, OMP and other network routing protocols.
- Must have knowledge of network switching protocols: STP, 802.1[q,s,w], 802.3ae
- Familiarity with Unix especially in respect to networking Familiarity with developing tools in scripting e.g perl, shell, python, expect, etc.
- This candidate will also understand the rigors of operating a global, 24x7x365 large scale network, and will act as a tiered support for high-severity and business impacting issues.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- High degree of initiative, dependability and the ability to work with little supervision.
- Exceptional written and communication skills are a must.
- Creative problem solving abilities
- Experience with F5 load balancer, enterprise wide wireless networking technologies, Software Defined Networking and WAN architecture
- Skilled in Software Defined Networks and capabilities to manage and monitor the network at scale.
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environment leveraging tools such as Jira and Service Now.
- Familiarity with ITIL.