Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview: phone followed by mandatory onsite
Our client has an immediate need for an experienced Cognos Developer. The client will host a 30 minute phone screen, followed by a mandatory in person interview.
Long Term Contract - should go on for years!
- Draft business requirements and write technical specs for Cognos reports cubes framework manager packages
- Develop Cognos packages using Cognos Modeling tool, framework manager, including specific packages optimized for business users using Query Studio
- Develop Cognos content specifically reports in report studio, cognos cubes using transformer, events in event studio
- Work on the redesign of current cognos user interface
- The candidate will work closely with the business analyst or the end user to define the requirements
- Assist business users in developing, executing complex queries, reports using analysis studio and Query Studio.
- Assistance in the maintenance operations of large Cognos installation.
- Improve the performance of Cognos by managing cube size
- Development of Framework Manager Models and Query packages
- Develop Complex Dashboards, Reports and Cubes using Report Studio and Transformer
- Extensive Experience with Cognos Query Studio, Power play Studio Event Studio
- Thorough knowledge of the Cognos portal functionality
- Extensive knowledge in Oracle, SQL, Server SQL writing skills
- Strong problem solving
- ETL concepts
- Experience with Medicaid and Health care data would be beneficial
- Cognos Administration and User Security Implementation experience
- Experience with TOAD preferred
- Solid grasp of the requirements gathering process preferred
- Cognos installation and configuration on multi server Distributed environment
- Knowledge of Reports and cube scheduling operations
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision.