Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior and Principal Software Engineers to build the platform that matches companies around the world with the people who can help them make the right call on their most important decisions on demand. Working on one of our self-organizing teams you’ll pair with other engineers, product managers, and users to set and achieve goals that help to continue to define the future of work.
- Technologies: Languages JS, Python, Infrastructure SQL Server, AWS
- Locations: New York, NY, Austin, TX, and Boston, MA, Chicago, IL
- Type: Fulltime
Sponsorship not available
Interview Process: 30 Minute phone Interview followed by an in-person interview
In-person interview of 2-3 hours with a group of 6 to 8 engineers and product managers Candidate brings their own laptop and presents a project demo, Candidate must have the IP rights to the project!
The Problems You’ll Solve
How do you figure out what topic someone knows better than anyone else? How do you match that person to a business that has a problem they don’t fully understand? These are some of the ways our Engineers are solving these enormous problems right now:
- Search -- Working closely with our internal research team, we provide advanced search tools that let our research managers pinpoint the right people to introduce to our customers for each project. By integrating more and more data we are constantly striving to boost recall while maintaining high numbers for accuracy and keeping an interface that is simple and intuitive.
- Artificial Intelligence -- We currently make 10% of our matches with AI and machine learning techniques and are looking to steadily increase that percentage. This is a great start, but there is huge opportunity to improve our accuracy and scale.
Client is a rapidly growing team with a lot of programmers and relatively few managers -- a trend we’re hoping to keep as we continue to expand the team. We value results and flexibility over process and dogma. As an engineer you will:
- Pick your own team and work with that team to set and achieve business objectives.
- Program in the languages you and your team choose.
- Make top-of-market salary.
You’re an ideal candidate if:
- You communicate and collaborate well.
- You are passionate about programming, beyond just as a job.
- You’re an expert programmer up and down the stack.
- You’re a lifelong learner, constantly experimenting with new languages and frameworks.
- You thrive in a self-directed environment.
- You measure your success in business results rather than lines of code.