Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
- Responsible for the analysis of business/functional requirements and
development of technical solutions recommendations to meet business
requirements for the PTC Locomotive Checkout Tool.
- Translates high-level functional requirements into technical specifications for the LCT (locomotive Checkout Tool).
- Closely works with end users and subject matter experts and develops component installation scripts, diagnostic steps, nearest neighbor and end to end test scripts.
- Assists in identifying the building blocks (i.e., software modules) to achieve the PTC Locomotive Test Team's vision and develops the roadmap for the software modules design and development while aligning with the timelines of the dependent systems (internal and external).
- Assists in the process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
- Combines understanding of IT and business processes to recommend solutions.
- Assignments typically include problem definition, evaluation of requirements, and implementation of systems to meet business and user requirements.
- Reviews technical specification documents for all available toolkits developed by OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) and translates the specifications into application requirements.
- Develops the technical specifications for APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) for the PTC components where a toolkit is not available.
- Assists in solution design and plays a key role in prototyping intuitive application GUIs (Graphical User Interfaces).
- Responsibilities include educating new team members about PTC, components, systems and all business applications involved, interfaces.
- Takes on additional responsibilities such as facilitating design sessions with internal and external partners and acts as a team lead where necessary or when assigned by the supervisor.
- Experience with TRANSPORTATION COMPANY PTC systems and hardware components, especially relating to the locomotive segment is a must.
- Knowledgeable about basic networking protocols, Windows Sockets, OEM hardware components and toolkits.
- Strong understanding of system analysis and design, software development life cycle, Application integration, development and programming.
- Experience developing use cases, use case model, supplementary requirements, and business rules is essential.