Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
Responsible for team leadership in a BI project management and technical lead role as well as ensuring customer satisfaction and implementation success. The BI Lead provides for successful delivery of enhancements to a suite of reports as well as working with the infrastructure team to ensure optimal execution time via query tuning, AJI’s and data aggregates. Responsible for timely deliverables, project staffing, and overall satisfaction of the customer. Must understand software implementation best practices as well as being knowledgeable in MicroStrategy technology and architecture.
Job Duties (include but not limited to):
• Manage a large BI project involving complex requirements, data positioning, measurement, query improvements and MSI development.
• Define scope, ensure solid requirements, define service level agreements and manage releases.
• Manage and mentor contractors in development, architectural and QA roles assigned to the project.
• Work as part of a team with IT, BI analysts, and the Business areas.
• At least a bachelor’s or equivalent degree in a business, technical or related field is preferred
• 5 years related experience preferably in a management role.
• Understanding of core Business Intelligence (BI)/data warehousing technology: RDBMS such as SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 or, preferably, Teradata
• Experience in all areas of MicroStrategy functionality, as well as exposure in areas such as Databases, SDK, Architecture, Security, and BI Planning
• Experience with implementation methodologies
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Ability to build and deliver presentations to all levels of the business and effectively explain complex issues and concepts in simple, understandable language
• Ability to mentor and lead a team of contractors