Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
The incumbent must be technically competent in the information processing area, as well as be able to gather and analyze data through interview, observation, design workshops and independent research. They must also possess a strong knowledge of computer, system and network protocols and architectures, especially in large heterogeneous, client server environments. Strong knowledge of and/or experience with Internet and Intranet Web-based architecture and services.
- Lead or participate in infrastructure solution design and reviews using client design process and industry best practices.
- Collect and analyze requirements and translate them into virtualized capabilities. Detail and document the logical and physical designs as per the Infrastructure Planning Group methodology and client standards.
- Conduct design walk-throughs for review and sign off.
- Collaborate with stake-holders to conduct and demonstrate proof-of-concepts for new agency project migrations and architectures.
- Perform capacity planning analysis, define requirements and assist in engineering solutions in order to provide cost-effective alternatives.
- Responsible to stay engaged with multiple projects and provide architectural/design oversight for data center consolidation projects.
- Knowledge of data center operations and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2000 through Windows Server 2008R2 and how applications are deployed on these platforms.
- Basic knowledge of application architecture and how applications interface to the Internet as well as to databases.
- Must know how to use MS Word, Excel and Visio.
- Knowledge of information processing, hardware and related Operating Systems, Windows and VMware technology, networking concepts, routers, firewalls, network security.
- Ability to investigate and do research in order to provide effective solutions with regard to IT infrastructure as it relates to migrating physical and virtual systems
- Must have excellent communications skills and be able to express findings and recommendations clearly, to differing levels of management, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be familiar with IT business practices and able to interface and integrate with ITD functional areas.
- Must have excellent human relations, communications and analysis skills, planning and organizational proficiency and good business judgment.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions
Should have a minimum of five years in information processing or related responsibilities with at least two years of IT technical planning and design experience.