Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
Database Administrator with expertise in SQL Server 2008 and related Microsoft technologies.
Interview Date/Times are 9/28/12 at 10:00 AM, 12:30 PM and 2:00 PM
The ODPS would like to secure one Database Administrator consultant to assist IT in our rewrite of the Drivers Licenses & Vehicle Registration (DL/VR) databases. Since moving these databases off of the mainframe, IT is now tasked in rewriting these databases to increase efficiency, improve functionality, improve performance and comply with department standards. These projects are at critical time where the services of a Database Administrator are essential. The position will assit in designing new structures for the data in Third Normal Form, assist in the creation of stored procedures for transactions, facillitate a SSIS solution for moving the data to the new structure and ETL procedure to manipulate data that is currently in a form that cannot be easily manuevered into the new structures.
1. Strong communication/ leadership skills.
2. Strong influence, collaboration and negotiation experience.
3. Ability to collaborate with supporting resources across business and/or functional lines.
4. Have excellent oral and written skills/possess strong meeting and work session facilitation skills.
5. Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, the ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines.
6. Have strong understanding of prioritization stemming from the elicitation of system and/or user requirements.
7. Have excellent organizational skills, proven analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
8. Must be knowledgeable in the English language/speak clearly and understandably using the English language.
Years of verifiable total Information Technology (IT). database experience in database design of relational databases and database normalization.
Required 8 Years
Years of verifiable experience in SQL Server database design and optimization.
Required 5 Years
Years of verifiable experience in data cleansing/conversion using scripts in SQL Server.
Required 4 Years
Years of verifiable experience in ETL/Automation using Integration Services (SSIS).
Required 2 Years
Must be able to understand and enforce SQL Server standards in creation and deployment of new database objects.
Years verifiable experience in SQL Server Transactional Replication.
Required 2 Years
Years verifiable experience in SQL Server security and maintenance of security objects.
Required 3 Years
A demonstrable understand of object promotion strategies between databases in different development environments (Dev, Test, QA, Production).
Experienced in working with large databases of 300 GB or greater.
Ability to see problems and solutions from the enterprise perspective.
The ability to mentor staff not familiar with relational database concepts on the advantages and reasons for database normalization.
Familiarity with flat file and index table database construction as used in mainframe database applications.