Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
Seeking an application architect to help facilitate the rollout of agents to districts throughout the commonwealth and work with vendors to resolve technical issues. This person will help modify and make suggestions to the States SIF (school interoperability framework) profile. In addition this person will help lead the development of enabling two of the state’s legacy applications to collect data via SIF.
Under general supervision, the SIF application Architect shall provide strategic level technical leadership for the SIF data architecture and must be able to perform hands on analysis and modeling. He or she must clearly understand business objectives, translate them into data models and communicate these data models to business and technical stakeholders verbally, in writing, and electronically. He or she needs to be able to understand the different standards in the Education domain CEDS, ED-FI, SIF, IMS GLC, PESC, State Core model and provide guidance to technical staff, project managers and insure vendors adhere to the standards. Through the development of reliable and stable data models, master data management, metadata management, and data quality assurance initiatives, the SIF application Architect will oversee the technical design of the SIF Data Architecture. In collaboration with other stakeholders,
the Architect shall define data interface and messaging standards for EOE systems to integrate systems internally and externally.
Strategy & Planning
1. Develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for data architecture vision and standards in conjunction with data users, department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders
2. Oversight of design implementation, providing
assurance that key requirements are preserved and those gaps are understood and
communicated to stakeholders as appropriate.
4. Create short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and an overall data management roadmap
6. Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy, and improvement
1. Oversee the mapping of data sources, data movement, interfaces, and analytics, with the goal of ensuring data quality
2. Collaborate with project managers and business unit leaders for all projects involving enterprise data
3. Address data-related problems in regards to systems integration, compatibility, and multiple-platform integration
4. Document the data architecture and environment in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger data picture
6. Develop integration process data flows and data
Experience Level Required
· Sensitivity to interpersonal, organizational and political challenges, and an understanding of how to navigate them effectively.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Administration
· 7 years of work experience with data architecting, data mining, large-scale data modeling, and business requirements gathering/analysis
· Must have experience with installing and configuring zone integration servers
· Must have experience building, configuring and deploying agents.
· Strong understanding of relational data structures, theories, principles, and practices
· Strong familiarity with master data and metadata management and associated processes
· Excellent client/user interaction skills to determine requirements and the ability to present ideas to various audiences in user-friendly language
· 2 years of hands on experience involving infrastructure project