Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Senior Oracle DBA will main responsibility will be to provide application DBA support and data management of specific database applications. This will include: assisting in supporting Documentum Application migration, being the primary Client-facing and Application-facing member of the team, and lending input to database design, development, reporting, tuning and optimization expertise to application development and support teams on an ad hoc or continual basis.
· Pro actively monitor all database systems and managed application job flows utilizing vendor supplied and standard tools.
· Work within the project management framework defined for IT.
· Liaise with application and business clients to gather requirements, design and deploy standard systems which clearly differentiate between production, development, UAT, and DR.
· Identify operational and infrastructure risks within the environment and work with the application development team and business to make corrections and mitigate risks.
· Ensure that all systems are backed up and monitored according to the business requirements and notify the data owners when there are failures.
· Ensure optimal resilience of deployed systems and meet all disaster recovery and compliance requirements dictated by the business.
· Provide comprehensive cross-training for engineers and support personnel on front-line database client troubleshooting and support.
· Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related area preferred
· Good knowledge of Oracle database administration as Oracle DBA
· 8+ years’ experience performing database administration functions and supporting Oracle 10g, and 11g RAC in a 24x7 production environment.
· Advanced skills and proven experience in deploying & administering Oracle Data Guard, Grid Control, RMAN, ASM on 10g/11g with MAA
· Advanced skills and proven experience with Oracle 10g/11g RAC
· Strong Database and RAC implementations experience and troubleshooting skills in mission critical environment.
· Oracle 10g or 11g Certified Professional a plus
· Oracle RAC 10g on Solaris in a SAN environment a plus
· Strong Oracle application development background, SQL, PL/SQL skills a must
· Strong Unix experience, Programming & Shell scripting, Perl skills
· Oracle troubleshooting, optimization and recovery skills
· Familiarity with CA AutoSys will be a plus
· Ability to interface with users at all levels of the organization and good end-user support skills.
· Must be well-organized, responsible, work effectively in a project management framework, have strong verbal and written communication skills, and able to multitask in a dynamic trading environment.
· Ability to perform 7 x 24 hour support On Call.