Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
* Work with DEQ application development manager and architects to manage DEQ IT Projects from design and development to production;
* Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning; plans and schedule project deliverables, goals, milestones;
* Efficiently identifies and solves project issues;
* Demonstrates leadership to define requirements for project risk;
* Maintain project documentation;
* Communicate with project stakeholders to ensure clear understanding of project parameters and scope;
* Provide status reports to stakeholders within agreed upon timelines.
* Familiar with Commonwealth Project Management concepts, standards, guidelines and tools;
* Experience with managing IT projects and working with limited supervision;
* Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills;
* PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification or equivalent preferred;
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering, Technology or related field;
* Minimum 10 -11 years of IT project management;
* Must be qualified to manage Commonwealth Major IT Projects.
Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Understands business and technical objectives of a project and works closely with project sponsor. Creates project charter and work plan and tracks budget and schedule progress via appropriate metrics. Establishes project organization and methodologies and defines roles and responsibilities. Documents risks and develops mitigation plans. Manages scope. Creates and implements a communication plan. Builds an effective team, assigns tasks to team members, and evaluates outcomes. Negotiates resources. Communicates to stakeholders and project sponsor. Identifies, tracks, and ensures resolution of issues and removal of barriers. Provides technical support to project team members. Handles complex application features and technical designs. Designs and implements the components required for complex application features. Generally manages a group of applications system analysts. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Professional certification is highly desirable.
May require specific PC, workstation, operating system, application or platform skills. Provides overall direction to the formulation, development, implementation, and delivery of a project. Exercises management responsibility over the achievement of performance, revenue, and profit objectives of a project and its contracts. Ensures that the project plan maintains tasks, schedules, estimates, and status, and disseminates information to team members and customers. Creates a structure and organization for the management of a complex environment with emphasis on quality, productivity, and consistency. Directs corrective actions in any area where performance falls below objectives. Arranges for the assignment of responsibility to other supporting facilities, business areas, and support functions, and monitors their performance. Self-directed and independent. Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects. Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
Project Managers are required to be qualified under the Commonwealth of Virginia Qualification Standards for IT Project Managers. http://www.vita.virginia.gov/oversight/projects/default.aspx?id=589
• Familiar with Commonwealth Project Management concepts, standards, guidelines and tools;
Desired 1 Years
• Experience with managing IT projects and working with limited supervision;
Desired 6 Years
• Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills;
Desired 8 Years
• PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification or equivalent preferred;
Desired 2 Years
Does the candidate have a current PMP certification? Please list the name under which the certification is filed.