Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
Our client, in the Greater Boston area, is looking for a Security Analyst with the following skill set:
· Experience with network operations and Intrusion Detection/security.
· Conduct strategic planning and recommend implementation strategies.
· Responsible for ensuring information systems are secure and that data maintained in these systems is protected from unauthorized access.
· Evaluates current status of potential information system threats from casual intrusion to intrusions meant to permanently or irreparably degrade system performance or protection
· Performs validation of systems, including development of criteria and procedures.
· Contributes to the development and implementation of monitoring and incident response processes and procedures.
· Establishing and maintaining strong client relationships, facilitating discussions and managing client expectations
· Communicate project status and issues to project stakeholders, IT Project Management Office, team members, management, partners, suppliers and customers;
· Cloud Provider Security Analysis (including the following tasks):
· Conduct analysis of potential cloud service providers and their security capabilities,
· Provide guidance criteria for cloud security controls to be used when evaluating cloud service providers;
· Interview designated Customer contacts to determine additional or unique cloud security requirements
· Assist in the development of a designated list of security requirements criteria to be provided to cloud service providers
· Assist in efforts to gather, review, and analyze the security of potential cloud providers based on established security guidance criteria;
· Provide additional guidance for other cloud security issues or topics
· Security Advisory Services (including the following tasks):
· Assist with security recommendations, and the related remediation activities required;
· Assist in efforts to enhance or develop of a standard suite of security controls;
· Assist with questions and related subject matter support related to security and compliance issues;
· Assist with ongoing development efforts of security processes that are intended to maintain and monitor the designated protection and security compliance efforts
· Perform other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED AT HIRE (List knowledges, skills, abilities.):
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field, or equivalent
· 5+ years Information Assurance Experience
· Experience with any combination of the following is desired: computer security, vulnerability assessment, distributed systems, network protocols, system-level software, and operating system internals.
· Working knowledge of encryption/authentication technologies, firewalls, vulnerability assessment, virus protection and internet security controls,
· Security-related professional designation preferred: CISSP, CISA, SANS-GIAC or equivalent
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
· Excellent documentation skills;
· Ability to work with tight deadlines in an ever-changing environment;
· Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications (MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Familiarity with government and state agencies a big plus