Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
Administers statewide Delaware Library Network and library technologies for 33 library locations, the Delaware Division of Libraries, and county library agencies. Please note, this position requires travel throughout the State.
This role will be focused on assisting in administration and implementation of new network services and troubleshooting of existing services on an ongoing, extended basis.
Evaluates identified network needs and prepares recommended technical solutions. Troubleshoots and resolves complex network problems. Performs in a Technical Lead role for a variety of projects.
Current Delaware Division of Libraries (DDL) projects include: Roll out of videoconferencing, installation of replacement servers, ordering and roll out of library PCs and peripherals, consulting for library construction projects, move of connectivity and hardware for library construction projects.
1. Administers all aspects of the statewide Delaware Public Library Network
Supports connectivity for 33 public libraries and hub locations. Manages network traffic and speeds.
Administers internet access.
Plans/Designs/Implements overall architecture of the Delaware Library Network including, but not limited to:
• Design overall architecture of Delaware Library Network including, but not limited to: server sizing, server configuration, firewalls, network bandwidth analysis and capacity planning, routers and switches.
• Provides detailed specifications and schematic engineering drawings for network enhancements and modifications. Develops documentation for configuration of all network components including setup, installation, and overall deployment of all network hardware and software.
• Assists in the development of configuration standards.
• Reviews documents where network wiring and cabling may be involved to assure that all aspects of network requirements are completely covered and that specifications meet all appropriate industry networking technical standards.
• Develops documentation and procedures to communicate structures of file servers, directories, and permitted users.
• Evaluates, plans, and implements new network technology, including planning, deployment, and management of new network resources/technology.
• Develops new procedures and forms to improve efficiency.
Supports operation of Delaware Library Network as required.
• Designs, sets up, and staffs network operations consoles.
• Establishes remote paging and dial in for network problems.
• Proactively identifies and resolves network issues.
• Places service calls for network equipment.
• Maintains/enhances Cisco routers and switches on Delaware Library Network.
• Performs other network operations support functions to assist DDL Network Technologist as required.
Performs Network Management functions using various management and monitoring tools available including sophisticated network and server management systems.
• Establishes and documents standard procedures for operation, management, and monitoring.
• Monitors network performance and provides network statistics to identify capacity or performance problems and makes technical recommendations for appropriate action.
2. Administers all aspects of Library Technology Infrastructure
• Supports an array of servers to support Library Email Accounts, Web Hosting, etc.
• Implements and supports the library videoconferencing network.
3. Administers the statewide Library Help Desk
• Oversees the training, competency, and response of 3rd party vendor to library needs.
4. Administers Library Computers and Peripherals
• Manages the overall inventory and capacity of public and staff computers and peripherals in libraries.
• Manages computers and peripherals for the Job Centers @ Delaware Libraries and other library computer labs.
5. Administers installation and monitoring of Library Technologies
• Works with Library System Administrators to manage installation timelines and connectivity for 3rd party SAAS statewide library services and upgrades, such as the Delaware Library Catalog, PC Reservation / Print Management, Databases and Ebooks, Calendaring and Room Reservations, library statistical software, and more.
6. Proactively plans for business continuity and disaster avoidance.
• Designs, documents, and maintains backup and recovery procedures.
• Creates/updates disaster recovery plans.
7. Attend meetings and interact with a variety of individuals to implement new networks, software, and projects.
8. Working Conditions - Weekend, shift work, holiday, on-call, and overtime may be required. Work may require travel to and from the various library locations.
9. Perform related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Strong knowledge of Windows and Windows products including Windows Server, Hyper-V, System Center, Windows XP & Windows 7, personal computer software set up and installation, PC connectivity products and PC hardware connectivity.
2. Demonstrated ability to establish and meet work schedules within limited time frames and under tight deadlines and a willingness to work off hours as the need arises in support of changes to the LANs and WANs.
3. Effective verbal communication skills are required to work with all levels of the organization including management, vendors, and various library personnel. Effective writing skills are required in order to document work performed.
4. Superior interpersonal and customer service skills required including ability to work effectively in a team environment. High level of proficiency in effective problem solving required.
5. Knowledge and Experience with Project Management and planning.
6. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people.
7. Skill and Ability to work effectively with individuals without technical experience and in a political environment.
8. Ability to solve problems; to solve technology challenges, work flow situations, and interpersonal dynamics.
9. Knowledge of the methods and techniques for installing, testing, configuring, troubleshooting and repairing data/voice/video/imaging communication systems and associated wiring, network dependent devices and network infrastructure components.
10. Knowledge of the methods and techniques for performing diagnostics and problem resolution associated with computer based systems and local area networks or wide area networks.
11. Knowledge of the methods and techniques of voice/video/imaging systems administration and data network administration.
12. Ability to communicate effectively.
13. Skill in providing technical support in the installation of, upgrades to, and troubleshooting for midrange or most complex data network telecommunications infrastructure.
14. Knowledge of the principles and practices of telecommunications/network technology planning, design, configuration and installation for midrange or most complex data networks.
15. Skill in data network principles, practices, theories, concepts, methods and standards.
16. Skill in the development, implementation and management of a complex data network.
Experience in implementing Windows Server 2003
Required 5 Years
Prior experience implementing Exchange Server 2008
Required 4 Years
Prior experience implementing IIS 6.0
Required 4 Years
Prior experience implementing Windows Server 2008
Required 2 Years
Prior experience implementing IIS 7.0
Highly desired 2 Years
Prior experience implementing Exchange Server 2010
Highly desired 2 Years
Prior experience installing Cisco Routers and Switches in a corporate environment
Highly desired 1 Years
Prior experience in customer communication and executive stakeholder interacton
Highly desired 3 Years
Experience supporting Cisco and Dell Hardware
Desired 1 Years
Experience supporting Windows Server 2003 and 2008
Desired 1 Years
Experience with implementing and supporting Cisco wireless solutions and Voice over IP
Desired 1 Years
Nice to have
Nice to have
Please list projects/clients where the candidate has traveled throughout a large geography to support network implementations.
Please confirm that candidate is ok with being available for emergency off hours support on an infrequent basis.
Please confirm that the candidate is ok with traveling throughout the State (may use State vehicle).