Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.comGeneral Statement of Duties and Responsibilities
Seeking Web/Software Developers with specific expertise in the .Net 3.5 or higher framework. These software developers will work in a team environment to develop, maintain and support mission critical systems providing a range of services. The software developer will partner with business unit clients and team members to resolve business issues in a timely and efficient manner. This position requires expertise in the use of current web-related technologies such as C#, ASP.NET, Object Oriented Programming, Web Services, IIS, SQL and database expertise with Oracle 10g/11g.
Detailed Statement of Duties and Responsibilities
* Develop, test, implement, document and maintain applications built in the Microsoft .Net environment.
* Use Microsoft .NET application development tools, such as Visual Studio, C# and ASP .Net.
* Create unit and systems test plans for assigned projects.
* Work with cross-functional participants to translate customer needs and technology directions into application definitions, including user groups, network service teams, IT software development groups and technology vendors to maximize opportunities in agency's Web-based presence.
* Develop workload estimates, and project schedules in order to complete projects on schedule and as requested by the user.
* Conform to project documentation and SDLC programming standards.
* Advance core competencies such as technical, business, and leadership skills, through training and /or self-directed studies.
* Create detail technical design specifications for projects from user functional specifications including required data, element sizes, edit criteria, data dictionary (if applicable), data access methods, program and system flowcharts. These technical design specifications should be detailed enough for other programmer/analysts to code from.
* Perform tasks as assigned for processing data on Relational databases (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server)
* Modify existing applications for software updates, or user requests by analyzing systems to determine the appropriate changes.
* Be able to work independently or in a team environment for assigned tasks.
* Proficient in ASP.NET, Web Services, C# 2.0, XML.
* Proficient in SQL and relational databases; Oracle 10g/11g.
* Proficient in the Microsoft Windows development
environment/architecture, especially as it pertains to Web development.
* Proficiency with SDLC and Agile development process.
* Experience with Oracle PL/SQL.
* Experience with Visual Studio 2008 or higher, IIS
* Experience developing and/or maintaining applications in the Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 framework or greater.
* In depth knowledge of systems analyst and design techniques.
* Skill in interpersonal communications with superiors, staff and users.
* Excellent written communications for developing design specifications, project plans, test plans, and documentation (user, program, and implementation).
* Ability to quickly come up to speed in a timely manner on new applications and technologies.
* Ability to analyze software problems and issues in order to determine a solution.
* Ability to engineer software solutions that integrates with multiple vendor software solutions and products.
* Ability to implement vendor solutions from vendor documentation or correspondence.
* Working experience with Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) desired
* Working experience with Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) desired
* Working experience with Windows Workflow Foundation (WF) desired
* Knowledge of QA practices with a through understanding of code deployment through the development, unit testing, user acceptance testing and production life cycle.
* Knowledge of the build and deployment process with an emphasis in quality control.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Visual SourceSafe and/or Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
* Knowledge of Microsoft Project and Microsoft Visio is desired.