Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
SUCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE STRONG UNIX ADMINS WITH SOLARIS EXPERIENCE, WITH 10/10 COMM SKILLS AND IDEALLY HAVE INSURANCE BACKGROUNDS.
Senior UNIX Administrator performs engineering functions in the Solaris environment. includes new OS and/or platform certification, server builds, operating system upgrades, patching, security hardening, presenting storage to servers, and installation of third party software. Responsibilities also include working with other groups, performance troubleshooting, coordination of activities with customers, working with vendors, and resource management of HA environments. Weekend and night coverage required when needed.
· 5+ years experience in Solaris administration and virtualization/HA knowledge.
· 2+ years SUN Solaris, 8, 9 and 10 System Administration
· 2+ years experience in Solaris 10 container administration
· 2+ years of VERITAS Volume manager/File system administration
· 2+ years in supporting VERITAS and SUN cluster environment
· AIX experience is a strong plus
· SuSE and RedHat Linux experience is a strong plus
· VMWARE ESX server experience is a strong plus
· Experience in Solaris upgrades and patch process
· BMC Blade logic product experience preferred
· Ability to develop automation process using UNIX shell/batch scripting languages preferred
· Should have strong troubleshooting skills and be able to work independently
· Ability to work with EMC and Hitachi storage
· Should have experience with tools used in large enterprise environments like problem/change management
· Knowledge and experience with resource management and performance tuning
· Experience working with software installation/upgrading procedures