Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
North Carolina State University’s (NCSU) Office of Information Technology (OIT), Enterprise Application Services (EAS) is seeking quotes from qualified individuals or firms with expertise in Oracle/PeopleSoft Financial Supply Chain Management (FSCM) and the PeopleSoft Interaction Hub (formerly known as the Enterprise Portal or Application Portal), Version 9.1, Tools 8.51. The contractor will work with customers in the business office of Contracts and Grants and the IT Enterprise Application Services group to implement a new portal to serve the Principle Investigator (PI) community. OIT has not implemented PeopleSoft’s Grants and Contracts or Projects modules and has no plans to do so. Instead, OIT shall utilize existing modules in combination with the PeopleSoft Interaction Hub. The successful project will produce a rich, contemporary, intuitive portal for PI’s. The awarded contractor shall work both independently and in concert with the IT Enterprise Application Services group to design and spec the new solution, and perform configuration and development required to complete the implementation.
SCOPE OF SERVICES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
The awarded candidate shall report to the Enterprise Applications Financial Application Development Manager and will be
responsible for the following:
1. Assist in the overall design and integration of the of the PI Portal, while maintaining existing brand recognition of NCSU, forPI customers, leveraging PeopleSoft’s Interaction Hub functionality.
2. Create and design pagelets, work centers, queries, content references that are intuitive, flexible, and meet system and user performance expectations.
3. Assist with the development and deployment of content management strategies and solutions.
4. Assist in the evaluation and possibly implement portal search, discussion and community functionality.
5. Leverage expertise in the functionality and data schema of the FSCM module and experience with the Integration Hub’s capabilities to provide direction for design decisions and develop functional and technical specifications to ensure that the results meet customer requirements.
6. Document all requirements, business process and workflow, specifications, and test plans required for the implementation.
7. All work will be performed on campus at NC State University in Raleigh, NC.
8. The contractor SHALL work a 40 hour week Monday through Friday (8 Hours per day) or Monday through Thursday (10 hours per day).
A minimum of 10 years in-depth experience with Oracle PeopleSoft Enterprise applications, including PeopleSoft HRMS, FSCM, and specific experience involving integration with the PeopleSoft Interaction Hub (or equivalent prior iterations) is required. Significant experience with application version 8.9 to 9.1 (preference is on 9.1) with Tools version 8.51 is expected. The successful candidate will have participated in multiple applications of the Interaction Hub and be intimately familiar with the Interaction Hub’s capabilities. Expert knowledge of PeopleSoft core FSCM data structures, configuration and setup, and business processes within the application is required. Candidates shall also demonstrate experience in the following:
1. Working with mixed teams of business customers to gather requirements and map them to application and integration designs and functional specifications.
2. Prior University experience working in a relevant role is required.
3. Significant development/programming experience with Oracle/PeopleSoft development technologies (PeopleCode, Application Designer, Integration Broker, Application Engine, Component Interface, Application Messaging, nVision/Crystal/xML Publisher, Query Manager) is required.
4. Working directly with application developers and business analysts to ensure that development meets business requirements, performing quality assurance testing, and completing load testing and performance testing and tuning is required. Prior experience with Quest stat is preferred.
5. Direct experience in PeopleSoft application upgrades and methodologies to minimize risk with new development and Portal integrations is required.
6. Expert understanding of the security setup for both HRMS and FSCM applications is required.
7. Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal and written communications skills are required, as well as the ability to quickly understand the dynamics and working processes of the business office of Contracts and Grants and the IT Enterprise Application Services group.
Candidates shall provide examples of prior work with PeopleSoft’s Interaction Hub (or its previous iterations). We encourage candidates to SUBMIT three - five examples of completed work. A brief narrative of functionality and screenshots explaining the user interface is preferred. When providing examples, please keep in mind that we are focusing on a very rich, contemporary, and intuitive user experience for our PI’s.
Candidates shall include references from at least three prior clients. Preferably, the references will include at least one major, higher education research institution, of comparable size and mission to NC State University.