Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Security Engineer I is responsible for the operations and maintenance of enterprise information security controls and is responsible for ensuring the appropriate operational security procedure is maintained for information systems, programs and data.
· Five plus years IT experience
· Three plus years of security engineering and operations in an enterprise setting required.
· One or more industry security certifications are preferred, such as CISSP, CISA, CRISC, or CISM.
· Successful candidate must be a lawful permanent resident or US Citizen.
· Provides day to day support for firewall engineering and operations tasks and level 1 & 2 on-call technical support for the Firewall Engineering and Operations team; including assisting peers with issues and escalation.
· Supports the implementation and ongoing operations of network access control devices to include firewalls, web proxies, and SSL VPN devices.
· Work collaboratively across a variety of business units to implement new technology, support existing, and at times do so after normal business hours.
· Build and configure solutions in the development, test and production environment; including documenting the security infrastructure and design.
· Facilitate device refresh of network security devices with a focus on capacity, manageability, and security of new and existing security infrastructure.
· Participate in team on-call coverage rotation.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
· Ability to perform and deliver the following functions independently and with limited senior engineer assistance.
· Design, deploy, and support enterprise class Check Point, Juniper, and Cisco firewalls, Bluecoat Proxy Servers, and SSL VPN devices.
· Design, deploy, and support Check Point Provider-1.
· Complex troubleshooting of network protocol and log analysis, raw data captures, and the correlation of disparate events spanning multiple devices and platforms .
· Poses a strong working knowledge of:
· Major operating systems, such as Windows, UNIX, and Linux to include system administration and security.
· Network security controls such as IDS, IPS, DLP, and WAF.
· Enterprise network architecture, design, & support of network hardware, network protocols, and data flows.
· Enterprise change management practices.
Additionally, the candidate must have the ability to:
· Manage multiple tasks simultaneously with limited management oversight.
· Prioritize and re-prioritize tasks in a rapidly changing environment.
· Continuously enhance skills through both structured training and independent research.