Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
The contractor’s primary responsibilities will be to participate in business and software requirement sessions with the Pennsylvania Insurance Department and its business partners and then work in a team with other state/contracted resources under direct
The contractor’s primary responsibilities will be to participate in business and software requirement sessions with the Pennsylvania Insurance Department and its business partners and then work in a team with other state/contracted resources under direction of a Senior Application Developer team lead from the PA Department of Public Welfare’s Division of Enterprise Applications’ to analyze, design, document, develop, test, debug and implement the highly complex Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Prospective Payment System (PPS) as a VB.NET, SQL Server 2008 application. This application will contain a methodology that incorporates appropriate policies and procedures for collecting the relevant information from PA CHIP insurance contractors, the PA Medical Assistance program and Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHCs) and Rural Health Clinics (RHCs); calculates the aggregate PA CHIP encounters and reimbursement by date of service by calendar quarter and by federal fiscal year for each FQHC and RHC; calculates any appropriate interim and final PA CHIP supplemental PPS payments to be paid to each FQHC and HRC; and maintains records of the data and algorithms used to make each interim and final calculation of each PA CHIP supplemented PPS payment.
OBJECTIVES OF ENGAGEMENT
As a member of the application development team, the contractor will complete all assigned tasks related to the development of the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Prospective Payment System (PPS) within required timeframes. The contractor will work collaboratively with the customer and all members of the application development team. All project deliverables, including documentation and application coding, will satisfy the business requirements and objectives of the project and will meet the Department of Public Welfare’s coding / security policies, procedures, standards and best practices. Application coding will be free from major defects at the time of implementation into the production environment. The contractor will complete all required time reporting activities and provide appropriate task status updates to the team lead.
TASKS TO BE PERFORMED
• Participate in business requirements sessions with the Pennsylvania Insurance Department and its business partners; participates in the development of the Systems Requirements Deliverables.
• Works with other members of the CHIP PPS application development team to analyze the business / systems requirements and design the MS SQL 2008 database structure and modeling diagrams. Participates in database design reviews with the Department’s database administrators.
• Works with other members of the CHIP PPS application development team to develop the Detailed Systems Design Deliverable. Participates in meetings with the Pennsylvania Insurance Department and its business partners to gain acceptance of the application’s detailed design.
• Works with other members of the CHIP PPS application development team to code the components / modules of the application. Completes specific task assignments per requirements and within required timeframes. Adheres to the Department’s coding / security policies, procedures, standards and best practices.
• Coordinates work with other software developers on the team.
• Provides status of work to the team lead. Assists in monitoring estimated-time-to-complete and actuals for assigned tasks. Completes required time reporting processes.
• Anticipates, identifies, tracks and resolves issues and risks affecting own work and work of the application team.
• Executes all responsibilities with little direct supervision from the team lead.
• Completes unit testing of developed application components. Analyzes problems, identifies, documents and resolves all coding defects discovered during unit testing.
• Resolves all coding defects identified and documented by the Integration and User Acceptance testing teams.
• Creates and provides content for operational documentation to Technical Writers.
• Participates in meetings with the Pennsylvania Insurance Department and its business partners to gain acceptance of the application prior to implementation.
• Works with the Division of Technology Engineering to deploy the application to the test for production and production environments.
• Resolves any defects discovered in post-implementation through the end of the contractor’s engagement.
CONTRACTOR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The selected vendor shall provide a Contractor who will possess a minimum of six (6) years’ of industry (IT) experience in the analysis, design, coding, unit and integration testing and deployment of application code. Additionally, the contractor must demonstrate specific experience, support and background with the following application and product sets:
• Microsoft Visual Studio/Team Foundation Server 2008 & 2010
• ASP.NET 2.0+, VB.NET 2005+
• SQL Server 2008 : T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services, SSIS
• Erwin (preferred, or comparable data modeling tool(s) )
• MS Office 2010 (including Visio)
The vendor shall supply a contractor who does not require training and who has managed and supported the referenced technologies in the past. The contractor will have superior communication skills, both verbal and written. The contractor, and vendor, will be able to exchange information with all levels of DPW staff (management to end-user).
Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 & 2010
Required 2 Years
Team Foundation Server 2008 & 2010
Required 2 Years
ASP.NET 2.0+, VB.NET 2005+
Required 5 Years
SQL Server 2008 : T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services, SSIS
Required 3 Years
Erwin (preferred, or comparable data modeling tool(s)
Nice to have 2 Years
MS Office 2010 (including Visio)
Nice to have 2 Years