Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127Short Description:
The contractor’s primary responsibilities will be to participate sessions with the Pennsylvania Insurance Department and its business partners and then work with the Application Team consisting of other state/contracted resources.
The contractor’s primary responsibilities will be to participate sessions with the Pennsylvania Insurance Department and its business partners and then work with the Application Team consisting of other state/contracted resources under direction of a Senior Application Developer team lead from the PA Department of Public Welfare’s Division of Enterprise Applications’ to develop and maintain technical documentation and project process documentation for the implementation of the highly complex Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Prospective Payment System (PPS) as a VB.NET, SQL Server 2008 application. This application will contain a methodology that incorporates appropriate policies and procedures for collecting the relevant information from PA CHIP insurance contractors, the PA Medical Assistance program and Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHCs) and Rural Health Clinics (RHCs); calculates the aggregate PA CHIP encounters and reimbursement by date of service by calendar quarter and by federal fiscal year for each FQHC and RHC; calculates any appropriate interim and final PA CHIP supplemental PPS payments to be paid to each FQHC and HRC; and maintains records of the data and algorithms used to make each interim and final calculation of each PA CHIP supplemented PPS payment.
OBJECTIVES OF ENGAGEMENT
As a member of the application development team, the contractor will complete all assigned tasks related to the development of the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Prospective Payment System (PPS) within required timeframes. The contractor will work collaboratively with the customer and all members of the application development team. All project deliverables, including application and user-related documentation, will satisfy the business requirements and objectives of the project and will meet the Department of Public Welfare’s documentation standards and best practices. Final versions of documentation and deliverables will be error free. The contractor will complete all required time reporting activities and provide appropriate task status updates to the team lead.
TASKS TO BE PERFORMED
• Works with the application Team Lead to set documentation goals for the project. Identifies, creates, revises and maintains documentation templates needed by the application team.
• Manages the application team’s documentation library.
• Develops, with the Team Lead, project work plans defining activities, schedules and tasks including documentation plans and schedules. Responsible for maintaining the work plan with input from the team members.
• Manages the submission of all project deliverables to the Program Management Office.
• Responsible for the development of any required Architectural Review Board presentations.
• Prepares meeting materials, including agendas, handouts and file notes. Manages meeting action items.
• Prepares and manages all project communications and status reporting for the Team Lead.
• Participate in business and software requirements sessions with the Pennsylvania Insurance Department and its business partners. Works with the other members of the CHIP PPS application development team and is responsible for producing the Systems Requirements Deliverables, including Use Cases and the Traceability Matrix.
• Works with other members of the CHIP PPS application development team to develop and produce the Detailed Systems Design Deliverables while insuring that that solution meets the business requirements.
• Participates in meetings with the Pennsylvania Insurance Department and its business partners to gain acceptance of the application’s detailed design.
• Works with members of the integration and user acceptance test teams and is responsible for producing the Test Plan Deliverables. Participates in meetings with the Pennsylvania Insurance Department and its business partners to gain acceptance of the Test Plan Deliverables.
• Works with the test team manager(s) to analyze and document the results of integration and user acceptance testing and produces the testing outcome deliverables.
• Responsible for producing the Operational Procedures and the User Training Plan. Participates in meetings with the Pennsylvania Insurance Department and its business partners to gain acceptance of the Operational Procedures and User Training Plan Deliverables.
• Identifies business and technical documentation needs not currently addressed and works with the Team Lead to address any documentation deficiencies.
• Completes specific task assignments per requirements and within required timeframes. Adheres to the Department’s documentation procedures, standards and best practices.
• Coordinates work with other members of the team.
• Provides status of work to the team lead. Assists in monitoring estimated-time-to-complete and actuals for assigned tasks. Completes required time reporting processes.
• Anticipates, identifies, tracks and resolves issues and risks affecting own work and work of the application team.
• Executes all responsibilities with little direct supervision from the team lead.
• Participates in meetings with the Pennsylvania Insurance Department and its business partners to gain acceptance of the application prior to implementation.
• Works with the Division of Technology Engineering and the application team to develop the Implementation Plan to deploy the application to the test for production and production environments.
• Resolves any defects in documentation discovered in post-implementation through the end of the contractor’s engagement.
CONTRACTOR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The selected vendor shall provide a Contractor who will possess a minimum of five (5) years’ of industry (IT) experience in the development of user and technical documentation and project process documentation for Application Teams. Additionally, the contractor must demonstrate specific experience in the use of MS Office 2010 (including Visio).
The vendor shall supply a contractor who does not require training and who has managed and supported the referenced activities in the past. The contractor will have superior communication skills, both verbal and written. The contractor, and vendor, will be able to exchange information with all levels of DPW/PID staff (management to end-user).
Experience developing User Documentation
Required 2 Years
Experience developing Technical Documentation
Required 2 Years
Experience developing Project Process Documentation for Application Teams
Required 2 Years
Experience with MS Office 2010 (including Visio)
Required 2 Years