Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
Under the direction of the Director, Mainframe Systems Development, the Mainframe Systems Development Analyst will develop and maintain the computer code for the financial systems.
The Mainframe Systems Development Analyst will consult directly with Business Relationship Managers, System Analysts and other Developers to design and develop application code as requested and approved through the Systems Request, Information Request and Help Desk ticket processes. All new code and changes to code must be unit tested, system tested and user accepted tested. All testing will be documented and all anomalies recorded and tracked to resolution
· Developing and Updating of CICS on-line program code.
· Performing object oriented analysis, design and development of applications
· Developing and Maintains application code using COBOL.
· Tests programs and Changes by preparing test data, conducting test runs and reviewing input and output data.
· Documenting application program code
· Designing programs to accommodate user needs and hardware capabilities
· Modifying existing programs and documentation for changes in hardware or user specifications
· Consulting with Business Requirements Managers and Systems Analysts for clarification of needs and analyzing requests for new systems/programs or requests for maintenance to determine feasibility, input/output procedures and required systems output
· Writing task plans and or status reports to comply with agency standards
· Estimating time and staffing operating procedures for Data Processing Operations
· Minimum 5 years’ experience working with COBOL.
· Experience with financial systems.
· Computer Science degree
· Experience with Welfare, Medicaid or Health Claims applications
· Knowledge of 5010 EDI Standards
· Must have good oral and written communication skills.
· Must be able to perform with limited direction.
· Must have the ability to work as a team.
· Must display a working knowledge of all or some of the described programming languages.
· Must be able to follow oral and written directions.
· Must be able to prepare technical documentation.