Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
Responsibilities of the BA
· Facilitate requirements gathering sessions with clients to determine business requirements and rules
· Map requirements to product functionality and identify any gaps
· Create and maintain the Business Requirements Documentation used in configuring client systems
· Work with the Quality Assurance team to create and execute test plans
· Replicate client defects, perform initial defect analysis and assign to appropriate developers
· Troubleshoot data issues including querying the database to identify and resolve data issues
· Participate in internal and external team meetings
· Facilitate client training, as needed
· Work closely with Project Manager to ensure successful implementations
This position is responsible for ongoing analysis of information, obtained from a variety of sources. It involves development and preparation of information products for members of the team. It requires the ability to analyze data from conceptualization through presentation of the data. It requires proficiency with analytical tools, knowledge of data analysis methodology, use of presentation software, strong communication skills and a strong commitment to and affinity for delivering the highest level of customer service. The candidate must understand information to develop management reports. This person will help identify gaps.
The BA will interact with business representatives to gain an understanding of the business environment and act as a liaison between business and technical solutions/support groups. The candidate will identify business requirements, the data field needed, business rules and formula’s use by that data field. The business analysts will trace every data field back to the original source and validate that the data source is the system of record. The business owner of that data field will validate that the data field represents the correct description and use of the field. The business processes connect with that data field will also be documented to enhance the understanding of how the data is used.
Skills and Experience Required to Complete Project Tasks
1. Expertise to clearly ascertain requirements
2. Experience with Use Case design/analysis/specifications to understand and document how data is used, business functionality and rules
3. Expertise to document requirements
4. Ability to gather detailed business requirements and organize into traceable, testable and verifiable data and business format
5. Business Rules and Functional Requirements document creation experience
6. Experience working with a variety of information systems and data files, including large and complex files: analyzing file structure, using and creating file layouts, transforming raw data into finished products.
7. Demonstrated experience in analysis and presentation of data required.
8. Perform root cause analysis on issues identified and propose solutions to address them
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
10. Demonstrates strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
11. Ability to interact well with business users/technical teams/project managers/senior management/vendors
12. Experience working as a liaison between IT and Business groups.
13. Demonstrates ability to resolve problems
Minimum Qualifications for BA
The candidate will analyze business and user needs, and document specifications to meet those needs, conduct user testing to ensure proper functionality prior to implementation. The candidate will work very closely with the project team.
1. Expertise to clearly ascertain requirements minimum 5 years experience as a BA
2. Excellent communication skills verbally and written
3. BS/BA college degree