Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
Reports directly into Director of Architecture or CTO. Understands the application portfolio used by Chartis Consumer Lines and provides strategic initiatives to streamline and modernize the portfolio.
- Responsible for the Consumer Lines Architecture Team and delivery of Consumer Lines Platform Technology needs.
- Provides architectural direction across Consumer Lines domain teams, including policy, billing and claims systems and related supporting systems
- Facing decision management systems, data warehousing and business intelligence solutions, application integration techniques employing service-oriented architecture.
- Support business requirements that affect CLP architecture, and provides solutions that integrate into the overall architectural vision.
- Develops models, presentations, and diagrams that document and communicate systems strategies for the Consumer Lines North America organization.
- Understands corporate technology standards and policies, and can communicate their implications to project teams as they relate to specific development efforts.
Skills and Knowledge
• 10+ years of experience in systems development including in the design of component- and/or service-based systems/applications. Insurance or financial services experience preferred.
• 5+ years of progressively responsible Solution Architecture experience.
• Broad knowledge of software technologies utilized in IT application development in the insurance field:
o 6+ years of knowledge in J2EE and .NET architectures
o 6+ years of knowledge in Relational database management systems
o 6+ years of knowledge in Web services and Enterprise Service Bus technologies
o 3+ years of knowledge in Workflow/business process management tools
o 3+ years of knowledge in Business rule management systems
o 3+ years of knowledge in Enterprise content management technologies
o 5+ Data warehousing technologies, ETL technologies, and Business Intelligence tools.
o 5+ years of knowledge in Security technologies including security tools/protocols and LDAP repositories
o Web 2.0 / Internet Application technologies including AJAX knowledge is a big plus
o Web portal products- knowledge is a big plus
• Knowledge of architecture frameworks and architecture modeling tools and notations.
• Experience in technology product evaluation and selection, including both software and hardware technologies.
• Ability to manage technology projects and make appropriate decisions considering timeframes and relative costs.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to create and deliver technical presentations to technical teams and Business partners.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.