Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
Plan, Design and Install SAN/storage and backup solutions, with UCS, EMC, Networker, VEEAM, Puppet technologies:
- Design and implement the all flash storage solution, namely XtremIO to the fabric.
- Configure 5 different sets of Cisco UCS domains that comprises of 300 servers in to the DOE central environment.
- Design hardware workflows using automation tools like puppet.
- Setup Veeam and Networker as the primary backup for the virtualized environment.
Perform job automation via scripting languages for storage arrays, and/or virtual environments, load balancing and performance tuning:
- Design and execute several Orchestration workflows to support the VMware based Environment.
- The orchestration of workflows are supported using automation scripts like chef, Puppet, VRealize orchestrator.
- Script and automate several storage related functions using scripting languages like python etc.
- Performance tuning and load balancing implementation by enterprise level solutions designed by EMC supported tools.
- Install and configure SAN Switching technologies and support VMware virtual environments:
- Set up SAN based fabric using MDS 9700 series based enterprise switches.
- Architect the San fabric to the underlying hardware comprising on CISCO UCS
- Design VMware environment comprising of 300 ESXI hosts and about 3000 VM’s that supports the entire NYC DOE central environment.
- Support and troubleshoot virtual infrastructure using CISCO UCS/MDS technologies, and develop Disaster Recovery, Backup, and Business continuity plans:
- Troubleshooting the large environment consisting of 3000 virtual servers by using vRealize suite products such as VRealize operation manager and log insight.
- Develop Disaster recovery solutions to provide high availability to the VMware based servers.
- Perform disaster recovery test on a timely manner to ensure the applications are recovered and made available during a disaster.
- Design a sound backup solution using enterprise backup solutions like Veeam, networker and Data domain.
Prepare optimization and troubleshooting of enterprise-level storage technologies:
- Optimize the storage performance in tune with the application owner’s requirements using VNX, XtremeIO etc.
- Implement the latest HCI based solution by using the latest technologies like VMware VSAN.
- Ensure high availability of storage resources in tandem with application owner’s expectations.
- Troubleshoot any storage related performance issues by identifying the bottlenecks with EMC professional support and other online resources.
Implement configuration changes, software upgrades, and physical hardware support of network equipment:
- Upgrade IOS, IOS-XE, IOS-XR softwares to the recommended versions on CISCO switches, Firewalls & Routers to utilize the latest Cisco services.
- Upgrade software versions on the Network devices to fix the Network Vulnerabilities.
- Replace CISCO 6500 switches with CISCO Nexus 7000 hardware series by Implementing Virtual contexts.
- Perform configuration changes on CISCO switches to provide the Network connectivity for Server Infrastructure.
Develop or recommend network security measures, such as firewalls, network security audits, or automated security probes:
- Configure access policies on internet edge firewalls to decline malicious traffic.
- Perform network traffic filtering on CISCO FirePower to deny User access in the restricted websites.
- Implement DDoS mitigation plan to protect the critical data from the Global attacks.
- Perform Network Vulnerabilities scan on a regular basis with the use of Rapid7 Nexpose appliance.
Manage network infrastructure changes and ensure that documents are up to date:
- Create Design, Production and Support documents related with each network project.
- Implement automated scripts to retrieve the latest configuration from the Network devices.
- Upload all Network Design documents on Office 365 or SharePoint Folders.
Determine specific network hardware or software requirements, such as platforms, interfaces, bandwidths, or routine schemas:
- Routine checks of hardware parts will be conducted to ensure the network devices, modules are not End-of-Life and Support Contract is active.
- Legacy and EOL devices will be replaced with latest devices and Supervisors, which delivers high bandwidth throughput, and supports latest features like logical devices, which requires like physical capacity.
- Software version will be chosen based on the network and security features it provides and licenses it generates.
- Cisco software vulnerability check will be conducted to scan the health of software version installed on each network device to ensure the software has no or least amount of bugs.
Design, implement, maintain and troubleshooting of any connectivity problems:
- Design and Implement network redundancy on each hardware throughout the three datacenters.
- Deploy the latest supervisors on all CISCO multilayer switches with hardware redundancy.
- Troubleshoot and resolve the Network latency encountered at various Campus sites.
- Design and Implement security policies on all User level switches to avoid glitches & spoofs.
Develop procedures to track, project, or report network availability, reliability, capacity, or utilization:
- Utilize the latest tools available on the Cloud for project tracking purposes.
- Hardware replacement projects and Network Bandwidth Upgrade projects will be highly prioritized to avoid network disruption to the end users.
- Within the Data Centers, state-of-art network monitoring devices like Splunk and Riverbed Appliances are deployed to perform network utilization check and delivers the high severity logs.
- Fix and Upgrade plans will be performed based on the logs generated.