Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Detailed Job Description:
- Evaluate and implement new features/functions of DB2 and associated third party products.
- Extensive use of utilities and Performance Monitoring tools using BMC, CA and IBM products.
- Consultant on DB2 database applications architecture
- Knowledge of SMP/E and can prepare for and apply maintenance to a DB2 subsystem
- Engineer and execute the processes to upgrade and/or apply maintenance to releases / versions of mainframe database system software, and associated third party products
- Maintain DSNZPARMs
- Implement automated disaster recovery mechanisms for Mainframe Database subsystems and associated third party products. Participate in all recovery coordination activities
- Create & modify WLM address spaces for stored procedures as needed
- Database security management
- Backup/Recovery strategies
- Strategy Reviews
- Scalability Analysis
- Database Architecture design strategy
- Planning Database maintenance window
- Capacity planning
- Monitor and troubleshoot DB2 address spaces for any potential issues
- DB2 Database configuration across difference Mainframe LPARs.
- Prepare and execute housekeeping strategies for the DB2 Catalog and Directory.
- Implement security strategy for DB2 via RACF.
- Troubleshoot Level 3 DB2 Database issues.
- Provide Level 3 support to troubleshoot/resolve system level and application problems with DB2 Database technologies and associated Third Party products – coordinate escalation/intervention with vendor as necessary.
Minimum years of experience*: 10+
Interview Process (Is face to face required?) No
Does this position require Visa independent candidates only? No