Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
Responsible for the development and design of web applications and components.
Design, code, test, and implement web sites and applications, for either
internal or external uses. Troubleshoot and resolve issues surrounding
performance, response times, capacity and system limitations. Responsible for
creating and modifying documentation corresponding to websites. May collaborate
with internal business partners, internal technology resources (database,
system, networking) and with external vendors. Maintain and update websites and
ensure data quality, integrity and consistency across organization. Requires
both front-end (GUI) and back-end development experience. 6+ years of prior web
development experience is required.
• Technical expertise in web application development (Cold Fusion (5 years minimum), Oracle stored procedures (5 years minimum)), as well as ability to define and document technology system scope, objectives, and requirements. Primary Activities and
• Develop and implement requested enhancements for established web application that provides functionality supporting railroad activities.
• Document test cases, expected test results, test data requirements, and collaborate with testing teams and business partners to resolve testing problems.
• Code, debug, test and support utilities, tools, and frameworks to support the application development process.
• Bachelors degree required in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems/Technology
• 5 or more years experience required in Software Applications Design and Development
Equivalent Minimum Qualifications:
• High School diploma/GED or Associates degree required
• 7 or more years experience required in Software Applications Design and Development
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• CFML and advanced Cold Fusion programming concepts (MVC, CFC) • DHTML, HTML, XML/XSLT/XSL, CSS and AJAX
• WSDL and SOAP
• Oracle Advanced (PL/SQL)
• Software development lifecycle (SDLC) concepts
• Relational database design and concepts
• Data Manipulation (ETL)
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
• Experience with creation and modification of Web services
• Knowledge of SOA and ESB
• Ability to use multiple tools and techniques to facilitate the design, development, and integration of business systems in a web environment
• Ability to develop contingency plans, analyze systems for efficiencies, and develop test case scenarios
• Ability to communicate effectively (both written and orally) with all levels of audiences
• Knowledge of Agile Scrum methodologies and their application
• Knowledge of Rational Version control tools (ClearCase/ClearQuest)
• Knowledge of change management processes (UCM)
• ColdFusion administration
• Fusebox methodology