Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
Highly desirable skills:
SOLR or Lucene
Search engine experience
Our client is looking for a Java Developer Technical Lead with UNIX web services - core java with open source.
· Design, implement, and document core technology components
· Develop custom applications using internal software frameworks
· Develop and customize data mining and statistical techniques for operation on large datasets
The field of search and recommendations is still in its infancy, and our technology is quickly growing and adapting to ever-changing business needs. Because of this, the primary qualities that we are looking for in candidates center around general intelligence and problem solving skill, rather than specialization and specific work experience.
Our ideal candidates are:
· Analytical. We want people who are able to evaluate situations that they have not encountered before and reason about them logically.
· Creative. We want people who can go beyond a repertoire of standard solutions and answer novel challenges with innovative and outside-of-the-box solutions.
· Practical. We want people who can find a balance between theory and practice to create solutions that are conceptually sound but also working and delivered on time.
· Fast learners. We want people who can quickly understand new ideas and learn new technology.
· BA/BS or higher in Computer Science or a related field
· 10+ years professional work (full-time or consulting) in Java development in a UNIX environment, or comparable experience
· Experience with web services, JSON, XML, SOAP, REST, etc.
· Experience with one or more of:
· Search: Solr/Lucene and related open-source technologies
· NoSQL: Mongo, Hbase, Hadoop, Cassandra, and related technologies
· Data analysis and manipulation: statistics, machine learning, data mining
· Recommendations technologies: Collaborative Filtering, SVD, Bayesian Statistics
· Experience with Agile development methodology
· Strong background in object oriented programming techniques and design patterns
· Strong interpersonal and organization skills
· Ability to work independently or in a small group and to collaborate with remote team-members
· Superior written and oral communication skills – ability to effectively communicate complex ideas in words and pictures