Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
Client is looking for a candidate with strong experience in Database Administration in SQL Server (2000, 2005 and 2008).
· Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
· Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
· Ability troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU,memory,I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
· Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Log shipping, Replication.
· Expert experience in implementing operational automation.
· Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching works.
· How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
· Knowledge of SQL Server tools (Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, system sprocs)
· SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints )
· Solid acquaintance with windows server, security delegation, SPNs, storage components.
· Documentation skills for processes and procedures ( creating KBs, runbooks, topology etc )
· SQL Database Operational support to tech users
· 24x7 on-call support.