Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
· 3-5 years experience writing Functional Specifications
· Works with limited supervision over the analysis and documentation of customer business requirements to ensure a thorough understanding of business needs.
· Participates in customer’s business planning process and proactively identifies opportunities for technology to advance the success of the business.
· Participate in business requirements sessions.
· Proactively identify and alert the BA of any system or IT project dependencies.
· Prepare Functional Specifications, documenting the proposed solution on a very detailed level (including pre-visualizations of UI, detailed business rules, calculations, etc.).
· Conduct walk-throughs of the specifications and/or system previews for the IT, UAT, and business teams.
· Participate and influence where necessary the technical system design to ensure its alignment with the business needs.
· Collaborate with the SIT and UAT testers during their respective stages of the testing process.
· Work as needed with Developers/QA team during development, unit and QA testing to assure mutual understanding and consistency to business requirements. Coordinate w/business users and assure BRD/ functional spec documents are updated as needed throughout the process.
· Life Insurance background desired and a plus.
· When necessary, define test criteria and test cases for Unit testing and SIT, match them to business requirements explicitly, and be sure edge cases are included.