Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
The incumbent must be technically competent in the information processing area, as well as be able to gather and analyze data through interview, observation, design workshops and independent research.
The incumbent must possess strong knowledge of computer, system and network
protocols and architectures, especially in large heterogeneous, client server
environments. Strong knowledge of and/or experience with Internet and Intranet
Web-based architecture and services.
- Knowledge of data center operations and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2000 through Windows Server 2008R2 and how applications are deployed on these platforms.
- Basic knowledge of application architecture and how applications interface to the Internet as well as to databases.
- Must know how to use MS Word, Excel and Visio.
- Knowledge of information processing, hardware and related Operating Systems, Windows and VMware technology, networking concepts, routers, firewalls, network security.
- Ability to investigate and do research in order to provide effective solutions with regard to IT infrastructure as it relates to migrating physical and virtual systems to ITD’s virtual solutions located in Chelsea.
- Must have excellent communications skills and be able to express findings and recommendations clearly, to differing levels of management, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be familiar with IT business practices and able to interface and integrate with ITD functional areas.
- Must have excellent human relations, communications and analysis skills, planning and organizational proficiency and good business judgment.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions
- Ability to provide periodic oral and written status of work being performed, as necessary.
- Ability to perform related duties, as required.
- Must be a self-starter and able to creatively resolve issues as they appear. Candidates will be asked to describe how they are productive without continuous oversight.
- Should have a minimum of five years in information processing or related responsibilities with at least two years of IT technical planning and design experience.