Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES will have recent Medicare/Medicaid experience, be able to come for a F2F interview, and have excellent communication skills.
The Business Analyst (BA) serves as a liaison between the business community, the software quality assurance team, project management office and the technical development team and, as such, should be well versed in health plan management, operational concepts and the Project Development Life Cycle.
The BA will be responsible for a defined business functional area within the overall business structure of the health organization. The BA must have sufficient knowledge of the entire scope of the health care business to insure that the development work within their functional area is compatible with the Information Systems as a whole.
Ideal candidate will have a background that includes expertise in managed care, and /or eligibility processing with special emphasis on knowledge of Medicaid subsystem requirements.
Scope of Work:
· Provide solutions to accomplish user defined objectives which support the clients mission ‘To help the financially needy obtain high-quality health care that is affordable, promotes independence, and provides customer satisfaction.’
· Collaborate with business users on creation of system Change Orders (COs).
· Balance multiple initiatives / projects that overlap each other while meeting project specific implementation dates.
· Document requirements and participate in their development (design, construction, testing, and roll-out)
· Support the operations of the MMIS system
· Proactively research and document potential issues discovered during day-to-day system usage.
o Document defects in Knowledge Center (KC), using established procedures.
o Ensure that defect entry is complete, understandable, and well-documented.
o Identify business impact and possible ‘workaround’ on all defects.
· Support Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 – version 5010 transactions
· Develop test plans, test cases and expected results using established procedures to update the Knowledge Center.
· Execute and review test runs
· Sign off on tested components
· Coordinate review cycles and sign off with business users in all phases of the project
· Support the development of end-user training materials and end-user documentation as required.
· Bachelor’s degree with a major in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
· Ability to interpret and use data in problem solving and process improvement.
· Ability to develop and manage workplans.
· Knowledge of the Medicaid program.
· Familiarity with Medicaid and/or Medicare data.
· Ability to write clearly and concisely, and to communicate effectively and interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
· Ability to manage time, to set priorities, and to work under time constraints.
Experience in the following is highly desired:
- Systems development lifecycle methodology
- Development and execution of test plans and cases
· Knowledge of technical systems components, structured query language, programming knowledge.