Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
Under general supervision, provide technical support to users of personal computers, LANs, and other peripheral hardware. Consults with users to provide advice, training, and maintenance support.
1. Installs microcomputer system hardware, software, and related peripherals in accordance with departmental procedures and technical manuals.
A. Installs and configures PC hardware and peripherals (printers, modems, mice, tape drives, CD-ROMS, video cards) to meet user requirements.
B. Connects/disconnects PCs and printers to the network. Attaches network cables at switch and PC or printer.
C. Assigns workstation and LU names for PCs being added to the network.
D. Installs related software (Windows, UNIX, applications, network drivers) needed for proper functioning of the complete system and all interconnected devices.
E.Configures Radius dial-in software on non-networked PCs.
F. Upgrades or repairs existing PC equipment by replacing or adding memory, floppy disk drives, hard drives, motherboards, and I/O cards as required.
G. Develops and tests images for department PCs.
2. Provide all required information to assure a complete and accurate equipment inventory.
A. Unpacks/packs computer equipment.
B. Receives, checks in, and inventories equipment. Reports all inventory transfers.
C. Records inventory information.
3. Provides direct support for workstation requests and issues.
A. Responds to workstation related trouble calls.
B. Provide PC related support to IT Coordinators via telephone and e-mail.
C. Process requests for LAN user accounts.
D. Troubleshoots individual PC problems resulting from SMS pushes.
E. Updates Remedy tickets.
4. Performs other duties as required
1.Completion of a high school level of course work with attainment of a high school diploma or possession of a state High School Equivalency Certificate (GED) is required. Additional course work or technical training computer science or PC hardware is required.
2. A minimum of two years of experience performing installation, repair, and troubleshooting of computer hardware and software is required.
3. Certifications: MCSA or MCP preferred.
4. Specific knowledge required in the following areas:
A. LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, IBM, Remedy, MS Windows
5. The ability to install and configure PC hardware, peripherals, and software in both a network and stand-alone environment is required. The ability to use diagnostic software is required.
6. The ability to read and understand and technical manuals and schematics is required. The ability to assemble a microcomputer system is required.
7. Effective verbal communication skills are required to work with all levels of the organization including management and various PENNDOT personnel. Effective writing skills are required in order to document work performed.
8. Superior interpersonal and customer service skills required including ability to work effectively in a team environment. High level of proficiency in effective problem solving required.
Weekend, shift work, holiday, on-call and overtime may be required.
Work requires lifting of equipment.
Work may require travel to and from the various PENNDOT locations.