Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
ITIL Configuration Management Business Analyst
Defines Service Management Business Solutions scope, objectives, requirements, and is a Team Lead and top-level technical expert in development skills capable of tuning solutions and programs for processing efficiency. Designs and develops technical solutions for CLIENT's Service Management organization in the Configuration management process.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities:
• Design and develop system designs to facilitate the inter-operability of enterprise level business solutions.
• Research, analyze, and define enterprise level business solutions of large scope and complexity.
• Review functional requirements and develop technical requirements with detailed specifications for large complex projects and/or enterprise level business solutions
• Document defects, enhancements, test cases, expected test results, test data requirements, and collaborate with testing teams and business partners to resolve testing problems.
• Code, debug, test and support utilities, tools, and frameworks to support the application development process.
• Provide leadership and technical direction to team members and monitor the deliverables of the development team.
• Serve as technical lead and point of contact for business partners and other technology areas and perform project management tasks as needed.
• Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
• Bachelors degree required from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems/Technology
• 5 or more years experience required in Information Systems/Technology (IS/IT)
Equivalent Minimum Qualifications:
• High School diploma/GED, Associates, or Bachelors degree from an accredited institution required
• 7 or more years of Information Systems/Information Technology project experience required
In addition to meeting the above qualifications, any of the following are preferred:
• Bachelors degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems/Technology
• Knowledge and 5-years experience in a ITIL Configuration Management Business Analyst role for an enterprise level application and/or solution
• ITIL Foundations certification preferred
Additional Job Details:
Knowledge and Skills:
• Experienced with Software Lifecycle and Software Configuration Management
• Experienced in HP Quality Center for Defects, Enhancements, and Requirements Tracking and documenting
• Experienced in solutioning multi-systems Integrations using Service Oriented Architecture, WebServices, WebSphere MQ, IBM SCCD Maximo Integration Framework (MIF), and IBM SCCD Maximo Enterprise Adapter (MEA)
• Experienced in the following IBM ITSM Products/Solutions: o SMARTCloud Control Desk (SCCD) v7.0 or above o Tivoli Application Dependency and Discovery Manager (TADDM) v7.x or above
• Good familiarity with ITIL Processes o Asset Management o Change Management o Configuration Management o Incident Management o Problem Management o Release and Deployment Management o Request Management
• Good familiarity and experience in the following languages or tools:
o MS Office
o MS Outlook
o Oracle RDBMS
o TOAD for Oracle
o Windows RDP
o UNIX Systems
o Windows Systems
o Middleware: Oracle RAC, WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere MQ
• Ability to use multiple applications, tools, and techniques to facilitate the Process and/or Solution design and development
• Ability to work and project management across multiple business functional / technical areas
• Ability to communicate effectively (both written and orally) with all levels of audiences • Microsoft Office skills i.e. Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
• Demonstrated high proficiency in developing cross platform applications and solutions
• 5% travel required.
• Work hours include rotating on-call responsibilities which may be on weekends or outside standard working hours.
• Work hours may vary in length and schedule. Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek.
• May be required to travel to Business Continuity site in support of real or test Disaster Recovery exercises.
• The applicant selected for this position may be required to successfully complete a background check and drug test. Passing results must be received prior to start date in new position.