Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
NATURE & SCOPE:
- Provide analytical and technical solutions for new hosting infrastructure projects, enhancements to existing hosted solutions, data center infrastructure projects and client strategic infrastructure projects.
- Lead or participate in infrastructure solution designs and reviews using client design process and industry best practices.
- Collect and analyze requirements and translate them into hardware and software capabilities.
- Detail and document the logical and physical designs as per the IPG methodology, client standards and ETRM.
- Conduct design walk-throughs for review and sign off.
- Liaise and negotiate with vendors on quotes for infrastructure hardware, software and services.
- Lead or participate in defining the client Infrastructure Technology Roadmap.
- Lead or assist in definition and management of standards, guidelines and processes for Data center infrastructure technology and software development.
- Collaborate with stake-holders to conduct and demonstrate proof-of-concepts for new products and architectures.
- Lead and / or participate in writing of RFP (request for proposal) and SOW (statement of work) for infrastructure solutions.
- Participate and / or conduct ‘brown-bag’ sessions to communicate architecture guidelines, standards and industry trends to fellow employees.
- Perform capacity planning analysis, define requirements and assist in engineering solutions in order to provide cost-effective alternatives.
- Stay engaged with multiple projects and provide architectural/design oversight for application projects.
- Conduct information technology (IT) assessments and focuses on the strategic direction to support the business vision.
- Review agency/secretariat project plans and assessment results which will support project objectives and to make recommendations and decisions regarding project feasibility, direction and priority.
- Prepare and give presentations to upper management as required on project direction and status.
- Minimum five years’ in information processing or related responsibilities with at least two years of IT technical planning and design experience.
- Knowledge and/or certification with respect to ITIL and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Technically competent in the information processing area, and ability to gather and analyze data through interview, observation, design workshops and independent research.
- Strong knowledge of computer, system and network protocols and architectures, especially in large heterogeneous, client server environments. Strong knowledge of and/or experience with Internet and Intranet Web-based architecture and services.
- Demonstrated success in assessing industry trends and vendor’s competitive offerings as part of the definition of an IT future state and for more near-term technology assessment and selection activities.
- Current knowledge/experience with SAN/NAS/HSM technologies, server consolidation strategies, high availability and clustering strategies, LAN and WAN technologies, security and authentication standards and technologies, and the infrastructure requirements and approaches for delivering services to customers via the web.
- Knowledge of Data Center operations and infrastructure.
- Ability to express findings and recommendations clearly, to differing levels of management, both verbally and in writing.
- Familiarity with IT business practices and ability to interface and integrate with client functional areas.
- Excellent analysis skills, planning and organizational proficiency and good business judgment.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.