Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a vital position in the Applications Services team. The Application Architect will have experience
designing across multiple systems such as web applications, web services (both
WFC and RESTful), Windows services, and reporting services. The Application Architect works with multiple
development teams using different Microsoft technologies to set architectural
design and reviews designs, code, and test plans to ensure the most appropriate
architectural solutions are being developed. To be successful he or she must
stay abreast of the latest developments in Microsoft software development to
recommend new products, tools and design patterns as well as recommending
department standards, stacks and best practices.
The Application Architect will use Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft development platforms including; Microsoft SQL Server 2005+ for development and Microsoft Visio and Project for project planning, tracking and reporting. He or she must be able to lead multiple projects with their priorities based on delivery dates and meet or exceed the goals.
Although the Application Architect will work on the conceptual and logical models, they will also need to be a technical expert capable of personally developing the solution. The development teams are intentionally small, so some development work is also expected.
· Obtain deep understanding of the company's development environment including the applications and interdependencies of those applications.
· Help determine how specific technology can be applied to meet the business needs as determined by the senior application architect and the enterprise architecture group.
· Set best practices for the design, building, and support of the different applications developed.
· Raise issues where development teams may have deviated from those best practices.
· Provides mentoring and coaching in development, architecture, and people skills.
· Research and recommend frameworks or reuse patterns that can help the development department
· Create and review architecture documents, design documents, code, and test plans.
· Build prototypes and/or assist developers with coding and troubleshooting
· Contribute to best practices around continuous integration, automated testing, branching and merging, deployment, and support.
· Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science preferred
· 5+ years of progressive development leadership experience in Microsoft technologies.
· 3+ years as application architect handling architecture for large multi-team development organization
· 5+ years with .NET 3.5 or greater, VB.NET, C#, SQL and HTML
· 2+ years of WCF / REST / Web Services
· Meticulous attention to detail with an appreciation for the relationship between system reliability and company success.
· Healthcare background