Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
The Solution Architect will be the Lead Architect for all projects developed by the Application Services team. They also ensure the team is mentored in leadership and development techniques, and ensures the team creates quality, unit tested code in a timely manner. The Architect must be able to work with the Development Manager to align tasks in a project plan, estimate project work, and review and challenge estimates of the team members.
The Solution Architect needs to partner well with a variety of different stakeholder groups, including management at different levels, business analysts or marketing, and developers. The architect needs to balance participation (to gain insight, ensure excellence and get buy-in) with the need to create conceptual integrity and keep the architecture decision process from stalling.
The Solution Architect will use Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft development platforms including; SharePoint and ASP.NET MVC for development and Microsoft Project for project planning, tracking and reporting. They must be able to lead multiple projects with their priorities based on delivery dates and meet or exceed the goals.
Essential Job Functions
Duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to articulating the architectural vision, conceptualizing and experimenting with alternative architectural approaches, creating models: and component and interface specification documents, and validating the architecture against requirements and assumptions
Although the Solutions Architect will work on the conceptual and logical models, they will also need to be a technical expert capable of personally developing the solution. The development teams are intentionally small, so some development work is also expected.
Other duties include researching, analyzing and working with leadership to create, implement and maintain professional SDLC processes and deliverables including; Architecture Documents and Models, Technical Specifications, Code Standards, Code Reviews, Deployment Documents and Builds, etc.
- Architecture experience - 5 yrs:
- Created Conceptual; Logical, Process, Physical and Deployment Views and Models
- Application design philosophies, patterns and practices.
Designed solutions that includes:
- Services, WS* Standards, WCF, WWF, REST
- Data Normalization, indexing, multi-dimensional and relational schemas
- Strong understanding of scalability design techniques
- Strong understanding of explicit and uncertainty design techniques
- Leadership experience-5 yrs:
- Professional development and coaching; Multi-tasking and experience delivering large, business critical applications
- Technical Skills Required:
- Visual Studio – 5 yrs
- C# - 5 yrs
- SharePoint & SharePoint Services - 2 yrs
- XML, SOAP & RESTful Web Services - 5 yrs
- SQL Server including SSRS - 8 yrs
- Documentation Required:
- Application Architecture Design and Review
- Create/Maintain Design & Development Specifications
- MS Visio, Word, PowerPoint
- • Engineering, Computer Science or. MIS degree with development courses preferred with at least 10 years of progressive development leadership experience in Microsoft technologies.
- Professional Attitude Required:
- o Leadership
- o Customer Service Oriented
- o Team Orientated
- o Solution Orientated
- o Energetic
- o Positive
- o Respectful
- o Project Ownership
- o Personal Professional Development
- Extended working hours may be required as needed.
- Ability to travel as required by project.
- Healthcare background preferred