Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
Design, build, and maintain the operational readiness of the middleware infrastructure in a 24 x 7 x forever computing environment. The Senior ME is a specialist in their skill area and is a subject matter expert for the team.
· Provides level 3 and 4 support (occasionally outside of business hours) for projects and implemented applications
· Assists in the design and ensures projects meet operational requirements.
Maintains a proactive view on the performance of the middleware platforms
Conducts performance analysis and tunes application to increase performance.
Plans, coordinates and responds to application outages.
Maintains version, patch and security levels, in accordance with the strategic direction of the company.
Communicates technical and non-technical information to technical support groups, customer support centers, end-users, senior management and vendors.
Develops and documents procedures, policies, and how-to to increase efficiency and meet the needs of the business.
Plans, coordinates and executes change management processes.
· Increases efficiency by designing and implementing best practices and process automation
· Experience administering, and engineering any combination of the following:
· Websphere WAS
· Websphere MQ
· WebSphere MQ Broker
· Wily (Optional)
· Datapower (Optional)
· Serena Dimensions
· Well developed troubleshooting skills
· UNIX command line experience
· Scripting or Java programming experience
(Visible Externally) Non-technical Qualifications:
· Data collection, analysis, and reporting
· Proven debugging skills
· Interpersonal skills
· Communication Skills
· Proven decision making skills
· Problem solving skills
· Process flows
· Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Methodologies
· MS Excel
· MS Word
· MS Visio
· Internet/Intranet in addition to other job related systems
Preferred years of experience: Bachelor’s degree, 5 years in a Middleware Engineer role. In lieu of degree, 7 years Middleware Engineer role