Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com
- Coordinates agency initiatives across business areas, with other commonwealth agencies, and with other contracted vendors as appropriate.
- Develops project plans and timelines to support efforts and assist in the smooth and thorough execution of projects.
- Coordinates, with other Project Managers and Heads of agency departments, in the allocation of personnel to ensure proper apportionment consistent with priorities and deadlines.
- Provides guidance and assistance to others as they develop project plans.
- Provides guidance and assistance to others as they manage projects.
- Provides assistance to other Project Managers on those projects which the position is assigned to assist in the management of.
- Ensures changes to project estimates are documented and agreed to by the client agency department.
- Manages and tracks project progress against the project plan to ensure project is on schedule and takes corrective action if it is behind schedule.
- Notifies and keeps project staff informed of project timelines, milestones, phases, work request target dates, and approved executable work package.
- Communicates to project team members how their work relates to and helps to achieve project objectives.
- Ensures adherence to project scope and documents changes.
- Identifies risks, prepares risk mitigation plans, and executes contingency actions.
- Identifies constraints that may impede or prevent projects from being completed on time and escalate issues as necessary.
- Builds and maintains relationships and communicates with client agency departments.
- Develops, documents, and reports on all required project management metrics.
- Prepares status reports for project team, program managers, stakeholders, and the agency senior leadership team.
- Plans, organizes, prioritizes, and manages multiple work efforts across multiple teams and at times across multiple projects.
- Schedules or monitors project status reviews.
- Manages scope of the project and gains agreement and approval of any scope changes according to established procedure.
- Serves as primary point-of-contact for all project related issues and resolution of issues for projects the position is assigned as the lead Project Manager.
- Resolves conflicts with sensitivity and tact.
- Thinks critically and innovatively in delivering solutions to problems and obstacles.
- Develops and facilitates achievement of program service commitments and performance metrics.
- Ensures that all tasks add value and support the strategic direction of the agency.
- Ability to implement and manage project management methodologies for information technology projects.
- 5-7 years of practical project management experience over comparably sized application development projects.
- 5+ years of experience using Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in managing multiple projects at one time.
- Knowledge of the principles and methodologies of business process reengineering.
- Ability to work and communicate with a wide range of people – peers, vendors, management and others.
- Ability to display professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and discretion.
- Ability to manage own time effectively given priorities from manager.
Experience required: 7 Years