Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Day to Day Responsibilities
This position will be responsible for analyzing the existing packages created for the client’s standard software and determining for each one if there are any incompatibilities that would prevent it from functioning correctly with a Windows 7 64 bit Operating System.
For those packages that require modification to function correctly, the person in this position will make all changes required to resolve incompatibility and then submit those changes to our support partners for implementation. Implementation of certificate signing may also be needed to completely resolve any gaps in supporting a Windows 7 environment.
This position will also assist in testing the packages globally by organizing and coordinating pilots with end users.
What You Will Do
• Review the existing library of software that has been packaged for automated deployment and determine which packages will require modification to function correctly in the Windows 7 environment.
• For those packages that need to be signed to function correctly, develop the certificate signing mechanism and work with the user community for User Acceptance Testing.
• For those packages that require modification to the package to function correctly, determine the changes needed and work with our support partners to have them implemented. Conduct End User Acceptance testing for each modified package.
• Develop pilot testing requirements and coordinate the testing globally.
What You Need To Succeed
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with software packaging for automated deployment using industry standard practices particularly in a “locked down” environment where the users are not administrators on their computers. Experience migrating from an open to locked down user environment and/or experience with a Windows 7 migration are pluses but must have experience with Visual Basic scripting. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, be very organized, have demonstrated an attention to detail, and process strong problem solving and project management skills. No domestic travel is required. Duties may require occasionally working extended hours.
Top 3 Skills MUST Have:
1. Strong VBScript skills
2. Experience packaging software for deployment to computers where the user is not an Administrator
3. Experience with software deployments in Windows 7 and 64 bit environments