Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will function as a highly-skilled internal control consultant responsible for conducting internal information technology (IT) audits and reviews, providing risk education and project risk assessment on behalf of the corporation to mitigate risk and assess the control environment of each auditable unit. You will develop and communicate risks and recommended controls for multiple layers of leadership. You will provide guidance for lower level IT audit staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Conduct internal audits and reviews to identify risks, document established controls to mitigate risk and assess the control environment of each auditable unit.
2. Lead and coordinate audit efforts to ensure successful and timely completion of assignments
3. Communicate issues, audit results, and recommendations in a clear and concise manner to appropriate levels of operating, IT, and executive management, including activity updates to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
4. Facilitate project risk assessments and lessons learned sessions
5. Participate in divisional or departmental infrastructure projects as assigned
6. Maintain working knowledge of information technology, pre-production (e.g. system development life cycle, change control, operating systems, applications and security) and post- production (e.g. operating systems, applications, security and data center operations) controls
7. Conduct effective and efficient IT and project audit work. Provides recommendations to improve the control environment.
8. Applies audit methodologies, policies, and procedures applicable to Our Client’s and its subsidiaries. Suggests improvements to audit methodologies, policies, and procedures to incorporate lessons learned.
9. Prepare complete and accurate audit workpapers in a timely manner.
I0. Maintain a thorough and current understanding of project management methodologies applicable to Our Client and applicable subsidiaries.
11. Maintain a thorough and current understanding of auditing principals and applications as derived from standards for the professional practice of internal and information technology auditing [i.e. Institute of lnternal Auditors
(COSO), the Information Systems Audit & Control Association (COBIT), and the Project Management Institute].
12. Develop, maintain and report against a work plan, as work progresses, given scope and objectives.
13. Train, educate, supervise and assist in evaluating new and lower level IT audit staff.
Education and/or Experience:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Management Information Systems, Healthcare Administration or closely related field required.
2. Five (5) years related experience, which includes three (3) years of IT auditing or related experience.
3. Strong understanding of project management and information technology background
4. Two years of Client experience preferred
Job Title: IT Auditor II
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
I. Professional Audi Certifications CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, CGEIT or PMP strongly preferred
2. Valid and unrestricted driver's license required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Other Skills and Abilities:
I. Working knowledge of audit methodologies applicable to Our Client and applicable subsidiaries.
2. Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate audit information to financial and non-financial individuals.
3. Ability to solve problems in a dynamic team environment and handle multiple assignments in a timely manner.
4. Experience in conflict management skills necessary to resolve issues where corporate areas are in disagreement.
5. Working knowledge of project audit methodologies, risk management and project management techniques to detect and resolve complex multidisciplinary issues.
6. Proficient in current industry standard PC applications, (e.g. Excel, Access, Word, Microsoft Office, MS Project) and systems including automated workpaper system.
7. Working knowledge of Information Technology both pre (e.g. system development life cycle, change control, operating systems, applications and security)and post (e.g. operating systems, applications, security and data center operations) production controls.
8. Ability to effectively interface with various levels of management internally and as well as contacts outside the organization.
9. Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job
Must be able to travel to other Client facilities and vendor sites to meet with operating or audit personnel.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Awareness of quantitative techniques, such as trend analysis, standard deviation and statistical sampling.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.