Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
· The developer requires a high level of analytical and creative skills and an in-depth knowledge of database structure, data warehouse configuration, methodology, design, and modeling.
· The developer’s typical duties includes but not limited to designing and building data warehouses, designing ETL architectures and procedures, performing analysis, SQL scripting, tuning and optimization on very large (multi-terabyte) databases, managing capacity planning and performance analysis, working with application developers to design and develop database objects and structures according to project specifications, addressing data quality issues with users, vendors and management, analyzing organizational data requirements and creating logical and physical Data Flow Diagrams and Entity Relationship Diagrams using tools such as Visio and Erwin.
· Must be able to work with and within a cross-functional development, QA and production team.
· Advanced Teradata skills (e.g., SQL, Fast Export, compression), minimum of 5 years’ experience
· Software development lifecycle process and the requirement to generate supporting artifacts for each phase
· Experience in data warehousing/data mart environment
· Experience in data profiling, data analysis, data quality checking
· Verbal & written communication skills with both IT and business (who represent multiple levels within organization)
· Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects & prioritize correctly
· UNIX: For development of Kornshell scripts to execute Teradata BTEQ & UNIX functions. (Data transformations are performed using SQL.)
· FTP, Connect Direct, ETL Ascential DataStage (minimum 3 years)
· ZENA: For development of processes & scheduling
· Mainframe, BTEQ