Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description: Application Developer Senior
Our Client needs a top-level technical expert in multiple specialized phases of application development. Working independently within guidelines, you will provide technical consulting on complex projects considering equipment capacity, limitations, operating time and desired results. You will create detailed technical designs and develop applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. You will write new systems or applications of high complexity and scope, utilizing standard procedures and techniques. You will conduct analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems. You will partner with business personnel to conduct analysis of organizational needs.
You may have senior quality assurance review responsibilities and duties including instructing, directing and reviewing work and responsibilities of other development team members. Extensive creativity is required across areas of expertise. A high proficiency level in specific job related skills is required. A minimum of 5 years of related experience is preferred. A Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred.
· Several years of experience with IBM mainframe using COBOL
· Strong experience developing and maintain database driven client server applications using MS Access, VB6, VB .net. Including form based GUI, dynamic reporting, queries, objects and VB scripting
· Experience with SQL Server development, creating schema objects, indexes, foreign keys, entity relationships, data loads and data import & export. Including stored procedures, VB scripting, views and triggers
· Experience with Oracle development, PI/SQL, stored procedures, triggers, materialized views
· Experience with deploying and debugging on Websphere application server including usage of IBM Rational Application Developer tool
· Experience working in JAVA, J2ee, Struts, Tiles, Design Patterns and Display Tag
· Experience with Expeditor and CA-SCM software storage tools
· Experience with reporting tools, such as, Crystal, Jasper
· Experience with ePublishing
· Experience with JAVA development utilizing MQ data
· Some experience using SAS
· Familiarization with DB2
· Familiarization with Hyperion as well as SQR (SQL language for Hyperion)
Category: Information Technology - Application Developer
Minimum Experience: 5 years
Additional Info: Manager is looking for someone with either SQL or Oracle experience. The MUST haves are Java, VB.Net, Mainframe and design experience. As the Mgr. put it – the ideal candidate should be 45% Java, 45% VB.Net and 10% mainframe experience. When speaking with the candidate make sure they have coding, design solutions and experience with leading a team. Also, if at all possible, they would really like a local candidate (they are going to want to do face to face interviews).