Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
With general guidance and coaching, you will participate in the design and implementation of medium to complex logical data models and practices for data capture, data dictionary design and overall data integrity. You will assist in developing data storage strategies to support company needs. You will adhere to data definition standards, architectures and policies and the management of data definitions within data repository. You will assist in maintaining quality control and auditing of data to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data. You will maintain data dictionaries and resolves problems. Significant creativity is required. A Bachelor’s Degree in a related is field preferred. A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of related experience is preferred.
Develop an application including relational database, user interface and reporting to support critical business process.
Requires development of:
· Extensive reporting capabilities (including exporting to MS Office applications: MS Excel, MS Word, etc.)
· System generated email notifications (interfacing with MS Outlook)
· Application interface (including data entry, retrieval and data processing, and security and tool administration interface)
· Database design and development
The Developer will partner with business personnel to complete analysis of business needs and interpretation of initial business requirements and conceptual design into technical solution. With guidance from business personnel, the developer will be required to understand manual reporting processes and translate those processes into specific automated solutions, including development, testing, and deployment of applications.
The Developer will complete technical design and development of interface using MS Access 2003. The Developer will design, code, test, debug, document, package and distribute the application and ensure the application is production-ready and maintainable.
The Developer must be competent to work at a high technical level for the entire application development life-cycle.
· Minimum 5 - 10 years application development experience required
· Development of desktop, client server applications using MS Access 2003 required
· Package and deployment in a multi-user client server LAN environment required
· Ability to integrate MS Access with other applications (MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word) required
· Ability to develop and administer multi-user database securely required
· Extensive data manipulation including query development, grouping, sorting and filtering required
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to pull data from the PeopleSoft ODS, BI EDW, OSCAR, MOSCAR, etc.
Database and SQL Competencies
· Security and administration development and maintenance
· Stored procedure development and maintenance
· Creating tables/views
· Relational database development
Access Software Development:
· Custom form and sub form development
· Input and display screen design and development
· Custom report design and development
· Integration with other MS Applications
Systems Lifecycle and Project Coordination:
· Project planning
· Estimating of development effort of defined work deliverables
· Requirements gathering
· Technical design development
· Unit testing, system testing, and user acceptance test
· Communication of progress and scope change
Category: Information Technology - Database Administrators
Minimum Experience: 5 years