Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Windows Systems Engineer w Desktop Virtualization, DNS and Project Delivery
Top three things we are looking for:
DNS Migration, they are migrating to Bluecat
This role will be 30% technical and 70% managing the Delivery
Windows System Engineer
The individual will be providing a Windows Engineering focus while leading IT projects across infrastructure teams. They will need a track record of technical project leadership and a mastery of tools such as Microsoft Project. Specific projects likely to include Microsoft DNS migrations, Hyper V deployment, and virtualization. This vital team member will work in a fast paced dynamic environment which emphasizes quality and responsiveness to customers. Above all else, they will provide Unparalleled Customer Service to a large family of similarly hard working teams.
Advanced understanding of Microsoft System Center, VCE vBlock, Cisco UCS, VMware, and other enterprise governance tools desired. When not leading projects you will be working with other System Engineers to plan, build, deploy, manage, support, and retire technology solutions.
· Focus on internal and external Customer requirements.
· Evaluate, develop, customize, install, implement and maintain computer systems, and system architecture components, according to Customer/system requirements. Proactively support these systems through routine maintenance, patching, and configuration changes.
· Develop understanding of business process being supported by assigned system(s).
· Lead efforts in developing time estimates for project schedules.
· Support the organization’s change management policy, practice and methodology.
· Provide timely and accurate progress information to leadership via status reports
· Must have mastery of basic PC software utilized to perform their daily duties, i.e. Word, Excel, Project, Visio, etc…
· Must have a track record of successful technology project leadership.
· Must have experience in IT project management and vendor relations
· Must have excellent written and verbal skills.
· Must be able to work with various teams (outside your own) to accomplish project goals.
· Analyze and resolve problems of simple to medium complexity.
· Under supervision, research and recommend alternative actions for problem resolution. Platform Engineering:
· Assist in installation, customization, development, implementation and maintenance of systems developed internally and/or in conjunction with an outside vendor.
· Assist in evaluating and recommending emerging technologies
· Beginning knowledge of hardware components, operation systems and networking issues.
· Introductory background and some practical experience with hardware and operation system technologies.
· Beginning knowledge and application of patch and upgrade procedures for hardware and operating systems
System Engineering Software:
· Assist in installation, customization, development, implementation and maintenance of systems software developed internally and/or in conjunction with an outside vendor.
· Beginning experience and basic understanding of concepts of system software.
· Assist in evaluating and recommending emerging technologies.
· Assist project teams/business Customers in evaluating, developing, implementing and supporting system architecture components.
· Beginning knowledge and application of patch and upgrade procedures for system software
· Participates in Security Awareness projects such as PCI and makes contributions to documentation.
· Participate in component and system testing as it relates to hardware and operating system components.
· Test and implement hardware and operating systems components using techniques that preserve system integrity.
· Will be required to carry / respond promptly to an on-call pager on a rotating basis with other System Engineers.
· Responsible for immediate response to system software problems.
· Needs a basic understanding of root cause analysis procedures.
· Provide technical problem resolution for less complex problems without assistance.
· Must be able to travel on a limited basis to install or troubleshoot equipment at end user locations. Travelling could be heavier during project implementations.
· Assists in preparation of budgetary plans for project proposals.
· Computer Science, Information Systems, and / or equivalent formal training or work experience.
· Preferred: PMP, MCSE, MCSA, Citrix, VMware certified
· 3+ years direct technical project leadership.
· Experience in managing an install base of 1000+ Windows servers.
· 1-2 years administering VMware.
· 5+ years managing Windows Platforms
· Understanding of Group Policy, AD, DNS, TCP/IP, and other fundamental system platforms.
· Understanding of various Infrastructure technologies such as storage, networking etc.
· Exposure to security, database, and enterprise applications a plus Core
· Basic knowledge of key system engineering.
· Basic knowledge of technical / business environment
· Awareness of ITIL / PCI / SOC standards.
· Demonstrated aptitude and ability for logical and abstract thinking.
· Ability, within specific technology areas and under supervision, to perform basic troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, solution development, and implementation.
· Ability to analyze and resolve problems of simple to medium sized complexity.
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-based, Customer service oriented environment.
· Excellent partnering, negotiation and communication skills.