Job Seekers, Please send resumes to email@example.com or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
Key responsibilities and tasks:
Under the overall guidance of Chief, Information Systems and Telecommunications and direct supervision of Manager/ Business Applications and coordination with the UN IT teams, the consultant will provide expertise in the area of Sitecore towards architecting, building and rolling out the CMS platform. The following key responsibilities are envisaged for this position:
1. Systems analysis and design
· Elicit, analyze, specify and validate business requirements
· Develop software and hardware specifications of UN business application and content management systems;
· Develop and translate business requirements into application functionality, specifications, and test plans
· Monitoring infrastructural components of UN information systems and suggest options to improve designs
· Liaising with staff in business units, external IT specialists, UN governing bodies and provide specialized advice to users
· Develop business systems documentation
· Maintain effective communications with end users
· Apply rapid development and iterative prototyping to complex software problems
2. System architecture, development and maintenance
· Build and document an overall architectural roadmap for UN’s Sitecore platform.
· Create Sitecore best practices and standards documents that can be used and adhered to by development teams.
· Construct Information architectures based upon various application requirements.
· Develop and maintain UN business websites and applications using the Sitecore platform.
· Perform impact analysis and change control and manages implementation of the changes in liaison with internal and external stakeholders
· Develop and maintain interface modules between different UN business applications
· Coordinate with outsourced company developers about the requirements to the system changes/ development, discussing technical issues and getting the solution as per agreed contracts.
3. Standard and Quality Assurance/ ICT Service Management
· Develop, implement and monitor information standards and guidelines
· Ensure that software code adhere to the standards including the applications security aspects
· Provide advise on use of new techniques, monitoring transactions between the systems to measure performance and continued effectiveness;
· Ensuring data security and access controls considering both local and wide area issues.
· Coordinating with the ICT Infrastructure Team on the appropriate hardware/software platform in order to improve the performance and stability of UN’s systems
· Researching and analyzing new technologies and making suggestions for their deployment.
· Participate in elaboration of internal procedures, mechanisms and controls to ensure stability, improved quality, security and performance of systems
· Monitor responsiveness and robustness of usage and maintenance procedures;
· Coordinating efforts to develop and maintain the library of system documentation and internal user manuals, training materials, and guidelines and making recommendations on improvements.
· Maintaining and updating the Helpdesk knowledge base to support internal and external users.
· Liaise with users on information technology and systems issues by representing the IST Section in committees, task forces and steering groups and by regularly meeting with peers.
· Conduct ICT Change Management, Incident Management, Capacity Management, Configuration Management and Risk Management;
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
· Demonstrated proficiency to have analytical ability and thorough understanding of software development life cycle processes
· Knowledge of information technology platforms for web based database systems
· Actively seeks to apply current expertise and new ideas on how to optimize use of technology to streamline workloads.
· Able to identify and analyze clients' needs and develop appropriate technology solutions to meet business requirements; desire to organize and improve processes.
Planning and Organization
· Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan.
· Proven ability to work under pressure and produce output that is accurate, timely and of high quality.
· Ability to manage conflicting priorities
· Able to speak and write clearly and effectively, including to: advise and train users on the use of complex systems/applications and related matters.
· Prepare specifications and other written reports/documentation in a clear and concise style.
· Good interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Qualification/ Experience Areas of qualifications
· Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in Computer or Information Systems or related area.
· Sitecore certifications as developer and administrator are required.
· Additional certification related to Software development and project management is a plus.
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in information and communication technology, particularly in Sitecore architecture and development, systems analysis, database design, programming, application integration and data manipulation. Experience should include:
· Solid experience in architecting, developing and customizing large scale applications on the Sitecore platform
· Experience in configuring and optimizing Lucene and Solr for enterprise search
· Experience in end-to-end SDLC using concepts such as distributed source control and continuous integration
· Experience with Sitecore DMS module will be a plus
· Experience with database design and modeling, stored procedures, with a SQL Server background
· Deep understanding of Search Engine Optimization would be highly desirable
· Experience in XML, Web Services/WCF and related technologies
· Proven experience with software development projects, with proven ability to manage medium to large technical projects involving internal and external (outsourced) teams.
Skills and languages
· Fluent oral and written communication skills in English