Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Scope of Work:
With general guidance and coaching, you will participate in developing and executing test scenarios for unit, process, function, system integration and acceptance testing. You will develop test cases, scenarios and scripts to ensure applications quality. You will design and develop usability testing scenarios, and administers portions of testing process. You will define criteria for testing, analyzes results of testing sessions and presents results. You will participate in selection of testing tools and approaches. You will utilize appropriate testing tools and testing processes on projects and assists in building test environments. Significant creativity is required. A minimum of 3-5 years of related experience is preferred. A Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred.
Resource will be working on the End-to-End Testing Team (currently mainframe, with plans to build-out web/distributed platforms as well) and will be part of a team that includes efforts in the following:
· Loads/refreshes mainframe E2E Test Environment with data (IMS, DB2, VSAM, Flat Files) and object code shadows
· Creates and/or modifies automated scheduling of production-size job flows using CA-7
· Monitors execution of 1200+ mainframe jobs twice monthly, resolves issues, works with developers, logs defects
· 2013 Initiative is to build out distributed/web infrastructure with connectivity to the E2E Mainframe Environment to enable front-end thru back-end testing of web and distributed applications.
· Setup and execution of project implementation plans for each release to enable interoperability testing in E2E Environment of new code
· Requires afternoon shift-work with some flexibility
· Extremely strong mainframe technical background including working knowledge of the following: JCL, Abend-Aid, File-Aid, Xpediter, Endevor, ACF2, ARC/BMC, CA-7/CA-11, CA-1/TMS (Tape Management System), COBOL, DB2, IMS, VSAM, ISPF, MQ, JDBC, JES-Master, Job/Scan and TSO.
· Web/distributed/networking background to enable strategic input and enable the building of a robust web/distributed E2E Testing Infrastructure to enable E2E Testing across all platforms
· Efficient debugging skills in program and environment ABEND resolution
· Excellent communication skills required - both written and verbal with experience in process creation, documentation, metrics and dash-boarding
· Excellent support skills to support application development and testing projects with best practices, how-to issues, environment defects
· Mainframe technical background including working knowledge of the following: CICS, CLIST, REXX, FTP, INFOPAC-ABS, IMS Data Base Unloads/Loads, MQ Series, NDM, SNAP Technology, SPUFI, Strobe, Compuware Workbench.
· Distributed/web infrastructure and/or testing background to contribute to expansion/build-out of E2E to include web/distributed applications
· Ability to present to small groups for the purposes of training, project on-boarding, strategic direction roll-out, status reporting, etc.
· PowerPoint, Visio, Share Point usage is a plus.
Category: Information Technology - SME/Specialist Role
Minimum Experience: 3 years