This is a short term position (est. 6 months) as part of the DC.Gov
Project. This project is migrating all District agency websites to the new
Drupal platform for DC.Gov. The position will work with the project team on
various Drupal development assignments.
• Meets with Project Managers, Business Analysts and Web Editors to develop
flexible solutions that will be able to adjust as the migration project
• Analyze user requirements, design and develop technical solutions.
Identifies opportunities and risks when developing solutions that meet
• Documents all solutions as they are developed. Offers suggestions for
improvement and remains flexible with tight schedules and aggressive scope
• Ability to use issue tracking tools, code version control and adhere to
basic software development lifecycle processes, including Agile methodologies
• Analyzes code and solution approaches to improve 508 compliance and
overall web usability.
• Works in close collaboration with other developers to promote knowledge
sharing and facilitate quality development.
• Provides general technical support. Ability to test development work and
respond to technical problems reported by QA teams and users.
• Participates in regular deployments and site launches.
• Works with Server Operations teams to make sure system architecture is
scalable and to implement performance improvements like caching and
• Develops functionality using contributed modules, key contributed
modules, core API, Fields and Views, along with creating custom
• Leads implementation of Apache Solr and integration with Drupal
• Modifies custom themes as necessary to support functionality and a
quality user experience.
Consults with client or department heads to define need or problem,
conducts research, performs studies and surveys to obtain data, and
analyzes problems to advise on or recommend solutions, utilizing knowledge
of theory, principles, or technology of specific discipline or field of
specialization. Requires knowledge in fields defined as information
technology, computer programming, computer security, computer systems
analysis, database management, information systems, Internet applications
and development, software development, and related fields.