Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Detailed Job Description:
- This position is responsible for initiating Incidents for clients Critical Business Functions.
- Manages Medium, High, and Critical Incidents, including triage and assessment of impacted systems.
- Escalates Incidents to tier II for Major Incident investigation.
- Notifies and escalates to support teams using Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) 12.
- Sends Communications Matrix Notifications using SOP12-2 for High and Critical Incidents.
- Monitors server and network system monitoring tools and responds appropriately to alarms.
- Monitor the environmental equipment (Generators, UPS, PDU, Air Conditioning and buildings water supply) to ensure their proper operation.
- Complete documentation of how the problem/issue was uncovered, who it affected, and the steps taken up to and including the final solution.
- Monitor the security equipment and situations to ensure their proper operations and report all issues/irregularities to the proper organizations/persons.
- Track and monitor security concerns.
- Complete documentation of how the issue/irregularity was uncovered, who it affected, and the steps taken up to and including the final solution.
- Monitors system resources (e.g. processor, memory and input/output) to ensure that Service Level Agreement performance criteria are met and that system resources are not being over-utilized by one customer.
- Opens trouble tickets and assign to the appropriate support group.
- Grants physical access to hosting centers both locally and remotely.
- Administers established security policy for physical access to the (2) Hosting Centers.
- Executes programs and jobs on the mainframe computers utilizing an operator display terminal.
- Controls production utilizing Automated Scheduling Systems to ensure that jobs are completed in the time required by the customers.
- Responsible for tape library functions including pulling and hanging tapes for production, test batch processing, managing off-site storage and logging user input tapes as needed.
- Prepares and submits status reports detailing system operations.
- Reads, comprehends, and complies with email messages in timely basis.
- Uses communications tools appropriately to receive and disburse information.
- Answers and makes phone calls as necessary.
- Communicates statuses using tools such as trouble tickets, status boards, broadcast messages and status reports.
- Reviews the Change Management Forward Schedule of Change and updates Requests for Changes (RFC’s) as needed, when requested by the change builders
Experience required: 4 Years