Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Detailed Job Description:
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Designs, implements, and supports data warehousing.
- Implements business rules via stored procedures, middleware, or other technologies.
- Defines user interfaces and functional specifications.
- Responsible for verifying accuracy of data, and the maintenance and support of the data warehouse.
- Knowledge of data warehouse end-to-end implementation processes, from business requirement logical modeling, physical database design, ETL, end-user tools, database, SQL, performance tuning.
- Demonstrated problem resolution skills with team of persons, and strong leadership with implementation team
- Experience in data warehouse design and data modeling (both relational and dimensional) and development and maintenance of multi-dimensional data models.
- Development experience in implementation of data warehousing utilizing RDBMS.
- Understanding of data warehouse Metadata concepts, tools, and different data warehouse methodologies.
- Expertise in SQL and proficiency in database tuning techniques.
- Responsible for the ongoing architecture and design of the data warehouse, data mart, and reporting environments.
- Develop strategies for flexibility, scalability, and define the future technical architecture direction for the business intelligence reporting physical environment.
- Responsible for proper selection of appropriate hardware, software, tools, and system lifecycle techniques for the different components of the end-to-end data warehouse architecture including ETL, metadata, data profiling software, database platform, performance monitoring, reporting and analytic tools.
- Defining and documenting the technical architecture of the data warehouse, including the physical components and their functionality.
- Setting or enforcing standards and overall architecture for data warehouse systems.
- Monitoring the data warehousing industry and assisting in establishing the organization's data warehousing strategy and section of strategic warehousing tools and techniques.
- Ensuring compatibility of the different components of the DW architecture and ensuring alignment with broader IT strategies and goals.
- Ability to educate the project teams on the standards and architecture of each component of the data warehouse architecture.
- Very strong written and oral communication skills, including some presentation skills.
Experience required: 5 Years