Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (202) 719-0200 Ext: 127
The NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (NYC DOHMH) Bureau of Environmental Surveillance and Policy (BESP) is seeking a skilled developer to work on its web based data portals. The candidate will be responsible for enhancements to, and the maintenance of, two public facing websites; the Environmental Public Health and Sustainability Tracking Portal (http://nyc.gov/health/trackingportal) and Rat Information Portal (http:nyc.gov/rats).
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain ASP.Net web-based application.
• Take a hands-on role in the development, testing, configuration, implementation, deployment and maintenance of custom web-based data visualization portal.
• Ensure cross-browser, cross-platform integrity of web applications.
• Use SQL Server, SQL, Stored procedures to query and manage data
Unit Testing and documentation
Must have proven and successful history of:
• Experience developing web sites and/or data driven applications
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, including strong SQL skills
• Experience with .NET framework and tools
• Unit testing
Experience with web data visualization (charting and graphing)
THE FOLLOWING EXPERIENCE IS DESIRABLE:
Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
Familiarity with public health, statistics, and/or scientific based research.
Knowledge of geospatial concepts and web mapping.