Job Seekers, Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Work remotely (6-12 months) providing MySQL and DB2 database administration and support on Linux and UNIX platforms.
· 5 years’ experience in MySQL administration, writing and debugging complex queries and scripts
· MySQL5.6 or higher
· Experience in DB2 on AIX and Linux problem analysis and resolution.
· Experience with PHP as it pertains to MySQL.
· Experience with MySQL stored routines.
· Amazon EC2/RDS etc. is a plus
· Experience supporting high volume, high availability databases on AIX and Linux in a 24x7x365 environment.
· Specific experience installing and configuring DB2 Version 8 and Version 9 for AIX and Linux.
· Possess solid scripting abilities (UNIX or Perl)
· Take initiative, be able to work with minimal direction and have a strong attention to detail
· Demonstrable knowledge of backup and recovery, security administration, database and server performance monitoring and tuning, and capacity planning experience.
· Experience troubleshooting applications in a WebSphere/WebSphere Commerce and Distributed DB2 application environment.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills a must